Software Patents in India?

I was just wondering, can we patent software/algorithm in India?

Replies

• avii
    avii
    Yes.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    whiz.kid.aniket
    I was just wondering, can we patent software/algorithm in India?
    I'm not sure whether you can get a patent for your software. As far as I know, Patents are offered on the ideas ( #-Link-Snipped-# may know more about this ) but you can definitely get a copyright for your software program or application. Go through the FAQ on this on Government's Official site: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    How the copyright for software is given?
    Suppose, I have created an application using Microsoft's .NET, will my app be eligible for copyright?👎 or I need to use open-source language for my app development??😕
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You might find a lot of useful information and answers to some of queries here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, i came across this project and found it very interesting, i hope to do something similar myself but dont know much about elastomers... https://www.aisslinger.de/index.php?option=com_project&view=detail&pid=23&Itemid=1 the part i'm interested in:...
What are the concepts of time domain and frequency domain ? What is the difference between these two?
For whatever, unknown reasons I always hated 'loans'! I mean, the idea of paying more for the goods in the longer run just didn't fit into my brain. Looking back,...
i'm fourth year ECE student & i'll graduate next year is there anybody can suggest me project idea??
If you guys say no to loan, then from where procure seed capital ?