Software Engineers Jargon

Hi I have completed my B.Tech in Electronics and I'm working in a software company as a QA Engineer. I'm familiar with computers and good in software testing.
There are a large number of guys here with Computer Science background and they use jargon like Wrapper, API, batch file and the list is endless.
So I was trying to pick up things and understand them but its not a good Idea to read books on them as tehy take lot of time. As of now if anyone uses jargon on me I look it up in the wiki.
Is there any other site/book/resource where I can understand what an app server does? how a wrapper works? QUICKLY as time is very precious here.

My main intension is that I should be able to converse with them in jargonese right now I don't understand a singe word as I'm from a different domain.

Calling smart people here for some help!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess I can be of some help here.

Let's do this - as soon as you come across any abbrivation or term that you do not understand - post it here. There are tons of computer science engineers for your help! I guess will help you a lot.

Secondly, I recommend that you should participate in discussions, read various discussion threads, technical blogs ( TechCrunch ) and magazines etc.

All the best. Waiting for your queries! [Just make sure that when you post the subject of the discussion properly, it helps in getting more responses]
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi,
    The one & only one GR8 solution for all your queries is 'google.com'.
    1. For details about application server just go for j2ee, better if any course or training u can do.Lot of time in reading books will be saved and you can get more hands-on it as well as come to know about many new terms.

2. About wrappers,i think you are talking about wrapper classes in Java.Better learn j2se1.6 if you know only your college time java(1.3 or 1.4)-Complete Reference is best book.

Last thing i would say go for google.com, if any term you do not understand.Still if any problem,anytime you can raise the problem here in CE forum.
  • bdeepak23
    bdeepak23
    Thanks for the suggestions BigK and Shalini.
  • prakash.athani
    prakash.athani
    Hi bdeepak23,

Follow this url #-Link-Snipped-#. It may be helpfull.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai everyone.... Im new to ths site. I think ive missed ths useful site for 3 years. yeah now i fnd nd joind in ths CE world. And I've entered...
Hi, I have joined newly in this forum ๐Ÿ˜ Currently I'm working on Schematic designing for an application using PIC18F series Microcontrollers. In the design, we need to send some...
test for this post
Hi folks I need the answer for question below. Why we have to maintain 90 ohm impedance for USB signals and 75 ohm impedance for RGB(video) signals? Expect the answer...
Hey,I am pretty new to electronics. I plan to make a line follower with obstacle avoidance for which I would need an infrared emitter detector.. This is what I already...