Social Networking Is Done. What's The Next Big Thing?

So, I think the social networking has been done. Nope it's overdone. There are a ton of websites that aimed to kick out Facebook; but it looks almost impossible. I'm not arriving at conclusions; and it's quite possible that the next Marke Zukerberg is already working in his basement/dorm to create the next social networking site. It's going to be huge challenge to pull people to the new site, because the community is with Facebook and people join because there are people they know.

So, social networking is done!

Now, I want to ask what you think is going to be the next big thing in the online world? When Second-Life came out, I thought they have put an end to innovation - because the possibilities were numerous. They allowed creation of an entire new online world for everyone. Unfortunately, it didn't work out the way it should have.

What's the next big thing? Anyone?

Replies

• Renita Ghosh
    Renita Ghosh
    I understand what you are tryin to say…but the question still remains..what after FB? FB has been changin its look every fortnight to keep pace with changes in the social networking world, but one day it will die. There have been several social networking sites that have tried to overrule FB and have failed probably because they tried the same strategy that FB applied and the same features. We have not had any site that was a litle different than the rest...when I came across this new site Cafe4tune. Have you checked it out? It has 3D chatting, social networking, live video streaming, live karaoke and varied gaming features. Now, which young kid would not like to chat online through 3D or get a virtual video tour of his surrounding? It is exciting. Do check it out!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    is this question only specific to social networking??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    is this question only specific to social networking??
    Nope, I was wondering what'd be the next 'big' thing on the Internet in general. We've had phases: eCommerce, blogging, social-networking, micro-blogging and so on. I wonder what's going to be the next thing that will 'pull' people like crazy. Pinstorm did offer something new; but looks like it was more hype than a real crowd puller.
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    if entrepreneurs think that just by uploading the pics of
    The_Big_K
    So, I think the social networking has been done. Nope it's overdone. There are a ton of websites that aimed to kick out Facebook; but it looks almost impossible. I'm not arriving at conclusions; and it's quite possible that the next Marke Zukerberg is already working in his basement/dorm to create the next social networking site. It's going to be huge challenge to pull people to the new site, because the community is with Facebook and people join because there are people they know.

So, social networking is done!

Now, I want to ask what you think is going to be the next big thing in the online world? When Second-Life came out, I thought they have put an end to innovation - because the possibilities were numerous. They allowed creation of an entire new online world for everyone. Unfortunately, it didn't work out the way it should have.

What's the next big thing? Anyone?

the websites which want to wipe out FB

are the ones which allows user to upload the pics of baby

FB has CIA backing

it won't get wiped out
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    The_Big_K
    Nope, I was wondering what'd be the next 'big' thing on the Internet in general. We've had phases: eCommerce, blogging, social-networking, micro-blogging and so on. I wonder what's going to be the next thing that will 'pull' people like crazy. Pinstorm did offer something new; but looks like it was more hype than a real crowd puller.

computing is dead actually
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    i believe that COMPUTING and IT industry has reached maturity

the way manufacturing industry had reached in 18th-19th century

after that, it became process oriented
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Education, Portals that allows the IT companies to enable their employees to work from home through cloud and virtual desktop
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rupam Das
    Education, Portals that allows the IT companies to enable their employees to work from home through cloud and virtual desktop
    I believe that could be a big thing; but it only applies to people who're employed. What about students?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    What about students?
    Education Services. Virtual Colleges, classrooms , Tests. Not that they are new but are not hyped yet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The hover bike basically is a hovercraft redesigned in the form of a bike. I however love the concept and can imagine myself riding it on city streets. Take a...
While i was working in my garage i had a thought that y electro satatic induction does not hold true in case of magnets?please answer this question.
😀 I'm an 4th yr ECE student, want help in my final year project........... so guyz please suggest me projects on microcontrollers, sensors etc.....
hi, please tell me commands in linux that shows u how to create shell scripts in linux enter data and save and how to view the data and how to...
hiiiii CEns A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts...