So, what do you want in the sidebar?

Okay, CE's been through a ton of changes in the past and more are coming! ๐Ÿ˜ I'm running short of ideas on what should be included in the sidebar (visible only to the logged-in users) that'd be cool?

If you have any - post them below. It could be 'anything'!

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    I would like the updated section to include longer list of changes so I can follow what has been updated recently.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anand Tamariya
    I would like the updated section to include longer list of changes so I can follow what has been updated recently.
    Okay so you want to have more number of threads displayed there? We currently display 5 in each of those section, which I believe is enough. How many would you want?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay so you want to have more number of threads displayed there? We currently display 5 in each of those section, which I believe is enough. How many would you want?
    How about a "view more" link? It should take the user to a page listing all the updated threads since user's last login. This will enable me to participate in all the ACTIVE threads.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anand Tamariya
    How about a "view more" link? It should take the user to a page listing all the updated threads since user's last login. This will enable me to participate in all the ACTIVE threads.
    Well, there actually is a better version of it. Click on 'What's New?' link on the top sub-menu. That'll give you more details of the latest updated threads. The tab in the sidebar is only for a quick overview.
  • lal
    lal
    I would love the old CE - conference to reappear in the side bar ๐Ÿ˜ I'm pretty sure, that will remain just as a wish though ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we can open it for with say members with 100+ posts. Its great for real time conversations.
  • lal
    lal
    Oh sure. A big YES from me! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    lal
    I would love the old CE - conference to reappear in the side bar ๐Ÿ˜ I'm pretty sure, that will remain just as a wish though ๐Ÿ˜
    Explain CE - Conference what in the world is that ?

Man the changes are really cool Just waiting for the models to get done with
  • lal
    lal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Its like a chat room. Messages posted there can be seen by other members and reply instantly. As biggie said, ideal for real time conversations. Well, some fun too ๐Ÿ˜
  • avii
    avii
    Option to disable the sidebar.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We could make it collapsible at the most. But I believe the majority is in favor of the sidebar (including me โ˜• )

#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# A version of our good-ol' conference that doesn't lose focus of CEans from replying on threads is something you can wish for. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    Option to disable the sidebar.
    We'll look into this. For the future developments we've planned on CE, the sidebar is going to carry a lot of importance and that's why it was re-introduced. I think we can however offer a mechanism to side the sidebar to those who don't need it.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    AbraKaDabra
    #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# A version of our good-ol' conference that doesn't lose focus of CEans from replying on threads is something you can wish for. ๐Ÿ˜
    Is there any thing that would help me in knowing how this conference thing actually worked?

Another Chat room is some thing I would like to think on before using
  • lal
    lal
    Conqueror
    Is there any thing that would help me in knowing how this conference thing actually worked?
    Just think of some place where all online engineers can talk (chat) in real time to each other. A conference, anyone can see, anyone can talk!

It used to be ticking there at the bottom of old CE ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in the mosquito repeller we are using buzzer which is just made up of brass my question is how it is producing the sound without speaker and any other device?...
Self-Driving car technology may make it to our four wheelers in near future as BMW and Continental have rolled up sleeves to make it work by 2025. The technology these...
Just thought of compiling a list of tallest buildings and skyscrapers in India. Maybe CEans can help extending the list and discussing tall buildings. Here we go- Imperial Tower 1...
Okay, the Galaxy Note 2 is winning hearts worldwide and it looks like Samsung will launch the Galaxy Note 3 at IFA in Berlin. The dates for the IFA have...
Samsung Galaxy S4 will be launched with Exynos 5 Octa CPU in India, says a report from SamMobile - the blog notorious for correct Samsung related leaks. Samsung is likely...