So Is There A Recession Going On?

People love to talk about recession and a general slow-down in the IT industry. Whenever companies reduce the pace of hiring, people think we're going through recession. There can be several reasons a company may not hire with the same rate as they did last year but that may not be an indicator of recession.

Companies give out mixed signals in the media - for whatever reasons; the most prominent being keeping shareholder's confidence and interest in the company. Major IT companies would release a statement that they're going to hire several thousand employees in this financial year and after two-three weeks they'd say they're expecting a slack time in recruitments.

So, the question is - do you think there's a recession going on in India and other countries?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Point blank to the face the scenario is much similar to the one we had in the early 2008 before the BIG CRASH (as I call it ). But the scenario is yet to be confirmed officially

But if events are compared to those in the early 2008 I would say a recession is looming around the corner
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    It's not recession as much as uncertainty because of which people/industry is sitting tight on cash.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BITS Pilani, one of India's premier engineering colleges, has organised Conquest 2013 - an International Startup Conclave. The official website of the event makes it clear that it's not a...
MAY I KNOW THE FUNCTIONS OF USING CLEATS IN MECHANICAL STRUCTURAL FABRICATION WORK.
I have this project that requires me to show how instrumentation can be used. Because of limited time and financial constraints I am hoping to hear of creative ways to...
I am dineshlkpm. i was selected by L&T infotech when they have conducted off campus interview in don basco college bangalore on 12th and 13th july 2012. on 4th aug...
Gaana - India's favorite music streaming website has launched their services on the Windows Phone and now available across Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows platform. The app was officially launched...