So, Is Facebook Building Their Own Phone? Let's Call It fbPhone!

TechCrunch broke out Facebook Is Secretly Building A Phone • TechCrunch yesterday that world's most popular social network, Facebook is currently building their own phone just like Google & Apple. Today, they more or less confirmed the news. However, Facebook's PR is in denial.

It's being speculated that Facebook is writing their own mobile software and actually working with third party hardware vendors to develop the hardware for it. This is because Facebook does not own hardware manufacturing facilities.

The focus of Facebook phone will be to integrate people's social profiles with the phones very tightly so that people contacts, calendars, events, messages will all be stored on Facebook.

Even if 50% of this is true; Facebook is taking rapid steps towards becoming the information hub on the Internet, slowly replacing Google.

What's your take on Facebook phone?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Facebook has denied the story about "building a mobile phone".
    But some sources have confirmed that FB has reached out to hardware manufacturers and carriers seeking input on a potential Facebook-branded phone.

I am sure, that FB's plans for making a cellphone must be in its very early stages.

Would a Facebook phone suffer the same fate of the Nexus One or the Kin, or has Facebook learned from those flops?

Its half-billion global users could make some difference. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Easy Ways to Improve The analytical writing section is important and different from most of thebecause it is *marked by a human rather than a computer*! These human...
Hello..i am new to this forums..i am here to searching trainings in bio tech
i have a doubt that though 8085 is a 8-bit processors why do we give input as a two 4-bit values?😒
Hi i have made an ADC using a microcontroller such that if i change the resistance the digital value changes from 0 to 255. i have interfaced this to a...
Hello guy's, As we know we have the facility to interprete your java script and HTML code on our blog. Any one have idea how to embed our java applet...