CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Chaitanya Kukde • 02 Sep, 2014
The technoholics in India are often seen fretting about how cool technologies are always arriving late in India and how many of them are forced to buy their favorite products from overseas markets. But this trend seems to be breaking as Snapdeal has jumped in the 'Internet of Things' fray with their latest product: Teewe - a media streaming device for TVs with an HDMI port. The Snapdeal Teewe is essentially the 'younger brother' of Chromecast, a $35 video streaming stick by Google.

The concept of media streaming devices for televisions is a new concept in India. These devices have a pretty straightforward task: To browse and play the media files present on all of the devices connected to a Wi-Fi network. Also, Teewe can stream all the users' videos, pictures and audio files from a smartphone or a laptop/PC connected to a network on the TV. The Teewe initializes when plugged in the HDMI port of the TV and then automatically detects the devices connected to the Wi-Fi network.

tewee1

The 'remote' of this device is the Teewe smartphone app. It lets the user browse and play media and control the sound and also lets you play and pause the videos. The Teewe app also allows users to queue up videos like a playlist. Also, special sections are kept on the app for Online TV shows and Online movies. To summarize, it will be like controlling all the media files on the connected devices via your smartphone.

The device runs on a dual-core ARM Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.5GHz and has a DDR 3 RAM of 1GB. Banglore-based Mango Man Consumer Electronics has developed this product for Snapdeal. The Teewe dongle is currently available for pre-order on Snapdeal for a price of Rs. 1,999. Snapdeal is also giving away an HDMI extension cable and a micro-USB charger along with the dongle.
So, Yay or Nay on the Teewe? Share with us in the comments.

Source: Teewe
@[Prototype] • 02 Sep, 2014 • 1 like If only it didn't had any mention of Snapdeal. Whenever that name is associated with anything, the only word that comes into my mind is "Scam". I'd rather stay without TV than getting any scamdeal things even for free. My two cents.
@Himanshu911 • 03 Sep, 2014 maybe you should check out the device at www.esycast.com.. i thing it is a stronger contender for being a substitute device for chomecast in india
@Abhishek Rawal • 03 Sep, 2014 Better than anything in market : https://blog.donaldderek.com/2013/06/build-your-own-google-tv-using-raspberrypi-nodejs-and-socket-io/
6k views

Related Posts

@Jason Estibeiro · Jan 28, 2015

With so many innovations exhibited in CES 2015, there were many product launches that failed to receive their fair share of spotlight. One such product was the HTC Desire 826....
4.7k views

@rohitverma · Apr 28, 2009

Can someone tell me what is the process to get 6 month training in major IT companies like TCS, Infosys, Cognizant, WIPRO etc.? I would really appreciate your help.
22.7k views

@lila · Nov 15, 2009

How to tranfer the money from one account to another account through online? Is it possible? What are the requirements for it? I want to know how can we able...
28.9k views

@aady_007 · Oct 7, 2012

hey frndss please answer can I transfer my college after completion of my 2nd year in engineering ? both the colleges are of same Pune university ! my present college...
11.1k views

@Ambarish Ganesh · Sep 15, 2014

Telecom operators are already pissed off at the many apps eating up their revenue, and now WhatsApp is further fueling their agony by introducing the new voice-calling feature for iPhone....
3.9k views