Smita's CE wallpapers

Hello fellow

Ok I'm not going to pretend that I happened to have this brainwave all by myself (although that would make me COOLER 😁) but I've been totally inspired by Arvind's thread for wallpapers.

*cough*shameless boasting*cough* I'm actively into graphic designing too! (that is the only activity that doesn't suffer because of my procrastination) I've been posting banners and avatars in other forums. So thought I would post a few designs I made for the CE.

These are only the snapshots. If anyone needs them for their desktops, do let me know I'll put up the links.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All these images are 100% editable.

Ahoy, let the reviews come!!😎

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Quite Good. It looks like Slash has some serious competition on hand. I wish I had such talent.

@Biggie: You remember the logo making competition we had last year. How about one more. We have some Graphic Designers aboard.
  • smita89
    smita89
    thanks a lot!! yeah, bring on the competition, I'm rolling up my sleeves already 😁
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Again!!! i cant see any pictures from office πŸ˜”

will check from home and let you people know my comments πŸ˜€

I checked them superb stuff πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you want it, we can launch it. I'm thinking of a new competition already.

@ Smita : Amazing wallpapers. But for us to use them officially, the background images have to be copyright free.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Hey Smita amezing wallpaper there!!

me also interested in graphics but i am in learning mode...

Keep them coming
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Good Smita, I liked first one. Everyone is rocking in that Yo !😁

[ PS: I am not getting why you guys are wasting your efforts in making wallpapers which is harldy going to be of any use to CEans. Why don't you guys make a video or pictorial help guide for CEans. It would be very helpful and your efforts will be used by many rather than by few.]
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Very good indeed.
    I sometimes design some wallpapers when I'm free.
    But I can't match these graphics designer gurus here, I think.

Excellent. Keep them coming..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    They are great! I like the middle one the best. Could make a good CE Tshirt design.

*ahem* now for some constructive criticism
    It would be better of those people in the first one looked like engineers! πŸ˜€

Oh, did someone say something about competition again? *whips out Inkscape*

@ shalini. Wallpapers are way cooler than guides *grin* But honestly, we are waiting for CE to finish revamping before doing the tutorials. Or else, we would have to redo them all over again. I did a test video tutorial using the website Biggie shared, and it works great.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    *ahem* now for some constructive criticism
    It would be better of those people in the first one looked like engineers! πŸ˜€
    Accepted criticism but still wondering how come Ash tell a lie πŸ˜‰ I guess Ash's words should be
    "It would be better of those people in the first one who don't look like engineers! " right Ash ? πŸ˜€

*declares fight with ash *
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Eh, why do you always want to declare fights? Don't you have any sympathy for us? πŸ˜‰

I guess some of them should have hard hats, some holding tools (hammer, calculator, drill), a laptop or two. It'll show some diversity in engineering. They can still dance, of course πŸ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    Don't you have any sympathy for us? πŸ˜‰
    You guys have any sympathy for me -hmm?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ok, it was a joke. We are going off topic again πŸ˜›

So uh.. smita, have you used Inkscape before? its a great vector art software!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    I guess some of them should have hard hats, some holding tools (hammer, calculator, drill), a laptop or two. It'll show some diversity in engineering. They can still dance, of course πŸ˜€
    NO,NO, NO!!! That is too nerdy. It is too geek class. How could you suggest such a thing? Grrrrrr...:x Even thinking about such a wallie makes my blood boil.
    I may be becoming an engineer but I am not going to become a nerd and I will not let anyone around me become one.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    Ok, it was a joke.
    Ya , I know very well what is joke and what is not. It is only you guys -"SERIOUS" men.

PS: No more arguments Please.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    raj87verma88
    NO,NO, NO!!! That is too nerdy. It is too geek class. How could you suggest such a thing? Grrrrrr...:x Even thinking about such a wallie makes my blood boil.
    I may be becoming an engineer but I am not going to become a nerd and I will not let anyone around me become one.
    Lol, damn you! We are no nerds... we are crazy and cool engineers!

*quickly hides multimeter behind back*
  • smita89
    smita89
    Wow, not been too long, and this thread has become a battlefield already.. Now now kids, do not fight over nothing 😁

@Biggie: *Damn you, copyright!*
    Ok, yeah I *cough*borrowed*cough* the grunge background in the first one (rest two are my own stock), but only because I really wanted to make a wallpaper and quickly at that. Be rest assured, the next batch will be made from copyright-free textures!! YAY to google for that 😁
    the 2nd wallpaper is totally MY creation though.

@godfather: Thanks a lot! I'm in the learning stage too actually. Which program do you use?

@ash: thanks for the critique. If i find silhouettes of *nerds* sometime, then I'll make sure I include them πŸ˜‰
    and no, I've never worked on inkscape. My work is primarily on PSP.

@shalini: hmm *strokes imaginary beard* the video idea does sound good, but the only problem with that is the stock to be used. I'd fiddled with video making too a while ago, but in the end figured out I can't be Jack of all trades πŸ˜€
    And these wallpapers are purely for personal use (read: desktop background)
    What exactly do you mean by the help guide?

@silverscorpion: hey thanks a lot! I started fumbling with PSP just a year ago, and basically am still fumbling with it yet 😁 I'm sure we can have a nice discussion about making graphics sometime!

@raj87verma88: :mrgeen: nice comment!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ Smitha,

I dont know why I tend to say this :

They rock!!

Teach me 😁 how to do them
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You should try Inkscape, its free. Your missing out in the wonderful world of vector graphics! πŸ˜€

For great free (and hi res) background textures, try this one:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The pics of the gears would be quite interesting.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    smita89
    @godfather: Thanks a lot! I'm in the learning stage too actually. Which program do you use?
    I Use Photoshop CS4 and Created Some Arts will give you its link also..
    you can judge me by that Creations.

😁 You Rocks
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    You should try Inkscape, its free. Your missing out in the wonderful world of vector graphics! πŸ˜€

For great free (and hi res) background textures, try this one:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The pics of the gears would be quite interesting.
    Ash once i had tried to install Inkscape but there was some installation error then i leave that,, but now i will try to work on that again

under your Guidance sirπŸ˜’
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Inkscape is a fantastic software for vector images. I'm not too sure how good it is in editing photographs.

Of course, we can use it to create CE Wallpapers.
  • smita89
    smita89
    @durga: oh thanks a lot!! 😁 I'm no instructor and I'm still in the learning stages. I can definitely help you out, but teaching is a whole new ball game.. you'll have to talk to ash for that!!

@ash: Thanks a lot for the link!! I already had it in my bookmarks since a while πŸ˜€ And I'll definitely try Inkscape out! What with you and biggie also telling me, it seems to be an impressive software.

@godfather: Oh definitely, waiting eagerly for those links!! I had a copy of CS4, but then my computer got formatted, and now I'm working with a CS2 πŸ˜” I think I'll dabble my hands with Inkscape..

Ash you have two takers as your students now πŸ˜‰
  • smita89
    smita89
    I'm making a new batch of wallpapers which will be somewhat related to different branches. I just finished with the mechanical engr wallpaper and a need a small quote ('Proud Mechie', 'tough enough?', etc) to go under the CE logo.

any ideas?? Make it small like about 3 or 4 words maximum.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    pfft.. since when are mechies tough?

*grin*

And yeah, do consider inkscape πŸ˜€

In addition, and this applies to the rest of you, please use original/licensed software if you want to contribute official content to CrazyEngineers. We are a professional organization now, so even if we cannot afford the expensive licensing, we should be tech enough to master open sourced alternatives!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    ash
    pfft.. since when are mechies tough?
    πŸ˜’πŸ˜’ I heard it πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    *Scratches his head* Wondering why am I late on this thread.

Nice one Smita. In fact its really great. Finally we are getting a break from Ash's designs ;-) lol!

To answer Biggie's point, I think if we create a new image using a royalty free picture, it is allowed. I hope Smita's aware of it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    lol.. looks like you guys weren't suffering from withdrawal syndromes from my designs after all πŸ˜› I need to try harder!

Yeah, no worries. There a loads of royalty free pics out there πŸ˜€ We could take our own ones too.
  • smita89
    smita89
    Thanks, Mayur! About the royalty-free images, I don't use images with watermarks or the ones in specific paysites. And IF I happen to use images from sites like flickr or deviantart, I take prior permission from the creators.

apart from that, the googled images are free right? 😁
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    smita89
    Thanks, Mayur! About the royalty-free images, I don't use images with watermarks or the ones in specific paysites. And IF I happen to use images from sites like flickr or deviantart, I take prior permission from the creators.

apart from that, the googled images are free right? 😁
    Google images aren't necessarily free. I use them on my blog often. But then its a hobby site. For using these images in CE wallpapers and make it official, we either need to use the *free* ones or buy the royalty from the owner.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Come on folks. We have lots of great photographers here. Xero can share one of his clicks, I'm sure πŸ˜€
  • smita89
    smita89
    yeah biggie.. that sounds like a good solution. We can actually make an account in photobucket and save the free images and photographs and graphic there. And then any CEAN who wishes to make wallpapers for CE exclusively can access that album.

We'll keep it hidden from the rest of the world obviously 😁

What say?

EDIT: adding the Mechanical branch and CIvil branch WP. The civil one is still not complete I need to add a quote below the CE logo. And these have been made from scratch!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Wow , superb Smita

* Waiting for one to be releasesd for Computer Engineering *
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    *Superb*wow*

Smita you are great designer :up:
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Awesome!!!! :shock::shock: (I was looking for a Jaw Dropping smilie)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Totally freaking awesome!
  • smita89
    smita89
    😁 YAY!! thank you everyone!! I'm glad you liked these.

Shalini: the computer science one should be here by tomorrow night. I'm just waiting for my exams to get over πŸ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    😁
    UltiMATE!

I loved the truck
  • smita89
    smita89
    Thanks mayur!! 😁

The truck is a Peterbilt, the same as the model of Optimus Prime (do you follow transformers?) I LOVE IT TOO!!! Wish i had a truck...

Anyway, posting the computer science wallpapers. This will be the last post for a long long time. I'm heading home soon and no net at home πŸ˜”

anyway, enjoy!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Nice wallies Smitzy. When do we expect you back?
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    @Smitzy: really good...
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I'm tired of saying Amazing every time. There is no doubt you are one of the finest artists on CE πŸ˜€ May be we can have a CE design studio of our own as a part of our future office.

Anyway, Smita have you seen the pictures from CE meets? May be you can use them, treat them with special effects and put it up as CE wall papers. What say?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Excellent one !!! I loved the civil engineering one. The creativity is awesome.
    Post something for Electrical Engineering watever you make i will put it as my desktop wall paper
    Smita iam waiting for that one.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    mayurpathak
    I'm tired of saying Amazing every time. There is no doubt you are one of the finest artists on CE πŸ˜€ May be we can have a CE design studio of our own as a part of our future office.
    Aren't we supposed to have a CE Studio anyway? The unit that would create all multimedia creations. In fact, I've created the CE site for it, but only a sample file for our CE Song is there πŸ˜›

I wish Tyler was back posting here. She and Smita would make a crazy dynamic duo!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If some one can do it for Electrical Engineering .Please post it here.

Interested in seeing that ,i have no idea in making these kind of stuff πŸ˜”
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Cool work Smita, today only I saw wallpaper you made for CS engineers but don't you think you could make it much better if those cartoons could be removed hmm? After all you are using a computer to make these wallpapers. πŸ˜‰

One you made for civil engineers was awesome.πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    @Smita.. again Superb Wallpaper
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    first one is great πŸ˜€

I like the BG of the next 2 not sure about the text style, dont ask me what will be good, takes me hours for me to decide them for my pic 😁
    I am too selective for the texts lol
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    Today only i saw this thread.. Awesome..πŸ˜›
    I wish i had this talent.. Great work smita..
    I have downloaded all the pictures.. Loks cool.. Keep them coming..😎
  • manusaluja
    manusaluja
    working on these image editors is nightmare for me.... wish i also cud learn some image processing....πŸ˜›
    *day-dreaming*πŸ˜•

I only know these coding IDE's netbeans/eclipse/intellij IDEA.....😁

Smita you rock.....
    1st wallpaper reminded me of Rock On

Anyways, these images will enjoy as wallpaper on my PC....πŸ˜’

Good Show..
    God Bless:smile:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Do we have "session expired page" for logged in members if they are idle for long time? I haven't seen it even after lost my session. When I tried...
Paris, 28th May 2009 - AeroGRID, the aerial imagery consortium, has new offices in the city of Padua, Northern Italy. As well as providing AeroGRID’s main sales outlet for Italy...
[FONT="]I heard that Acer has launched two new products in India one "Gateways" and the other eMachines. The former is targeted for the style conscious class and latter, for price...
Hi Guys, Greeting!!!πŸ˜€ I've completed all the configuration setting regarding selenium RC..πŸ˜› now when i start the batch file i got some error.....😁 well first of all...my bat file code...
Hello, i had seen here that there are many Duplicate post asking about the same thing more then one or twice.. so i think it is more convenient that we...