Smartphone case with airbags protects your phone from all accidents

How do you like the idea of protecting your beloved smartphone from all accidental drops with the help of airbags? Well, this one comes from Honda - the Japanese expert in installing airbags in their cars for the safety of passengers. Before you get excited, let us inform you that Honda isn't really making these cases anytime in near future and the video you'll see below is a fictional story to promote Honda Motors N line of small cars. It's no brainer that the video is a smart advertising technique; but we're impressed by the idea.

slide

The mechanism detects free fall of the smartphone and deploys the airbags after about 90 cm of falling. It takes about 0.2 seconds for the airbags to fully inflate so that the landing of the phone is safe. The phone bounces gently. We're not sure if the design of the case allows the airbags to be deflated and packed inside the case again for the next job.

If you think this is all crazy; Jeff Bezos, the top boss at Amazon Inc. has even gone ahead to patent a #-Link-Snipped-#. Do check the video and share your thoughts below. If anyone wants to take it up as their engineering project idea or hobby project; you're welcome to share your project with us.

Source: Hondaの軽自動車Nシリーズ|Honda公式サイト (Japanese)

Replies

• m.vivekanandan
    m.vivekanandan
    great idea!,thanks for sharing #-Link-Snipped-#,if you could share with us where you get all these technological news it would be even much better
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Quite interesting but confused about the possibility of installing a small pump to inflate the airbags inside the case. Anyone has any idea on it?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    A fiction is always good to watch but of no use.

Similarly, I do not see this converting in reality any time soon. Even if, it does turn in reality the size of the case would become so big, atleast I will get annoyed or may be safety bag will open quite often even without need... and will become a headache.. 😀

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sony India has confirmed that the official PS4 launch in India will happen on 18 December. Sony has sent out media invites for the launch of the next generation console....
Sony has introduced a new USB Flash Drive that is a 2-in-1 device with micro USB and USB 2.0 connectors bundled into one. And it will connect to your Android...
Hi CEans, I am here to ask an help to know “how to save my digital art/photography/etc?" We know that many of us use blogs or FB or twitter to...
Nurture Talent Academy had organised Techhunt Grand Finale at IIT Bombay campus recently (6th December). The event saw participation from over 30 teams from colleges across India and 20 schools...
in speech recognition how we use neural n/w and fuzzy logic for database as we have to compare our voice or match our voice to dictionary plz help me out...