CrazyEngineers
  • Electrical and/or Electronics engineers can pick up this idea for their final/third year engineering projects. The idea is to develop a smart street light system to cut the electricity usage and bill. The current generation of street light system have one major drawback - it continues to operate and consume power even when it's not needed.

The idea of this project is to develop a street light system which dims the light when there's no one passing by. This can be done with the help of motion sensors. The motion sensors will continue to detect the activity in its coverage area and it will make the corresponding street light brighter until the car or person passes by. Afterwards, it will dim the light and make it consume very little power.

Share your views and opinion about this idea. 😀
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberJul 12, 2011

This project is already done by many people. 😀 I made a small model during my II year. It is simple and a few light sensors would do the trick. 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 12, 2011

Good to know that 😀 I sometimes worry why is it so difficult to come up with new project ideas.
    Cancel
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman

MemberJul 12, 2011

If you find something interesting and come up with an idea, its something new for you, but it would be implemented with much more better stuff a long time ago. 😔 Even I have encountered such problems. 😐 But yeah, we can improvise them by using Sunlight and getting charged during the day time and during night time it would be a glowing mode! 😁 What say?
    Cancel
  • ISHAN TOPRE

MemberJul 13, 2011

@Biggie: Is this at the roots of your thoughts #-Link-Snipped-# ? 😉
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register