Smart Street Light System: Final Year Project

Electrical and/or Electronics engineers can pick up this idea for their final/third year engineering projects. The idea is to develop a smart street light system to cut the electricity usage and bill. The current generation of street light system have one major drawback - it continues to operate and consume power even when it's not needed.

The idea of this project is to develop a street light system which dims the light when there's no one passing by. This can be done with the help of motion sensors. The motion sensors will continue to detect the activity in its coverage area and it will make the corresponding street light brighter until the car or person passes by. Afterwards, it will dim the light and make it consume very little power.

Share your views and opinion about this idea. πŸ˜€

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    This project is already done by many people. πŸ˜€ I made a small model during my II year. It is simple and a few light sensors would do the trick. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good to know that πŸ˜€ I sometimes worry why is it so difficult to come up with new project ideas.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    If you find something interesting and come up with an idea, its something new for you, but it would be implemented with much more better stuff a long time ago. πŸ˜” Even I have encountered such problems. 😐 But yeah, we can improvise them by using Sunlight and getting charged during the day time and during night time it would be a glowing mode! 😁 What say?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Biggie: Is this at the roots of your thoughts #-Link-Snipped-# ? πŸ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Friends, Today was the toughest and shocking day for me. While I was coming through the main road, a busy one, of my Research Park, I saw almost all...
GUYS I WANT TO KNOW THAT CAN I CONVERT SOUND ENERGY TO ELECTRICAL ENERGY?? IF THIS HAPPEN THEN WE CAN CONVERT ALL THE NEAR US INTO USEFUL ELECTRICAL ENERGY???PLEASE HELP...
Do you know about any foreign/indian universities that offer summer fellowships or internships?
hello, I am new to jmeter. i have downloaded and installed it properly. i gone thorough the documentation and performed the stress testing of my website SureThoughts I have done...
Hi Guys, SCT Institute of technology announces β€˜Direct Admission in Engineering – 2011: No Donations 😁 The details of Admission Notifications are as follows: Courses being offered: B.E Specialization in:...