Small Talk with Tata Nano's Girish Wagh - Realising the big "Small Car" dream

[โ€‹IMG]
CEans,

When engineering goes beyond the obvious and breaks the boundaries, we call it Crazy Engineering - the engineering that changes the world. Turns dreams into realities. Makes the impossible, possible. Many thought that Mr. Ratan Tata's dream of Rs. 1,00,000/- [approx. $2,000] car would remain a dream forever.

...but a team of 500 talented engineers at TATA Motors proved everyone wrong!

We are extremely proud and happy to have Mr. Girish Wagh - the chief designer of TATA NANO who led the team of 500 engineers to realise the big 'Small Car' dream.

Check out our Small Talk with Mr. Girish Wagh :-

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys, no comments here? Do you not appreciate our Small Talks? LOT OF hardwork goes behind conducting these small talks.

Sad.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    hey its really fascinating and interesting to know it had been an team work and not a 100% TATA effort,quality is not compromised which i think wat brand TATA is all about TATA is the only company whose products i can trust to save my life!!! and they have lived upto it....it hade been very informative and educative discussion!!!
    Keep on the good work!!!
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hats off to Mr. Girish Wagh and their whole team ๐Ÿ‘. Keep on doing great things for this world in future also.May be next time your team may include few CEans also.๐Ÿ˜€
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    After going through it I really believe nothing is impossible. Very good and inspiring interview. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shalini_goel14
    Hats off to Mr. Girish Wagh and their whole team ๐Ÿ‘. Keep on doing great things for this world in future also.May be next time your team may include few CEans also.๐Ÿ˜€
    Let's say CEans will design the Rs. 50,000/- [$1k] car ๐Ÿ˜
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The_Big_K
    Let's say CEans will design the Rs. 50,000/- [$1k] car ๐Ÿ˜
    There was a news report last month about a couple of students from Vasai. They made a four wheeler using second hand scooter engine in under Rs 10000. The engine runs on coconut oil.
    Here is the link for further reading..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    They are not even engineering students. If they can do it, we can surely do it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raj87verma88
    There was a news report last month about a couple of students from Vasai. They made a four wheeler using second hand scooter engine in under Rs 10000. The engine runs on coconut oil.
    Here is the link for further reading..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    They are not even engineering students. If they can do it, we can surely do it.
    There have been lots of such successful attempts. But these cars aren't good for commercial production (that's my opinion). We'll have to come up with something that can be sold in the market.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    Sir,
    One thing of all that i want to enquire is that what will be the overall engine specification since with such a low c.c how can the same put such high efficiency while putting 4 sitting.
  • pillai
    pillai
    I have assembled a working model - a skeletal framework actually - of an electric motor using mu metal.
    This is a very energy efficient design.Low input current,high output torque.Ideal for a battery operated vehicle.
    A little evolution in motor design!
    I want to discuss this with the Nano team.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    are we getting poooreeer day by day?????.....i think 1Lac shud be the limit for cars
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The_Big_K
    There have been lots of such successful attempts. But these cars aren't good for commercial production (that's my opinion). We'll have to come up with something that can be sold in the market.
    But the concept can be applied on a two wheeler or a three wheeler rickshaw. Many people who can't afford a new two wheeler are driving ancient second hands available from Rs 5000 to Rs 15000. Apart from being unreliable these are also quite environment unfriendly and the engines pollute a lot and are petrol guzzlers. If we make a two wheeler for Rs 10,000 to Rs 15,000 that is also good for commercial production and modify the engine to run on coconut oil or any other form of oil (a diesel engine), it will be quite something.
    Same for three wheelers.
    2-wheelers + 3-wheelers = 65% of the traffic on roads in India and many other developing nations.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Right, this is my first post.. ๐Ÿ˜’ I want to make a flashing LED for my car. At the moment i have a flashing LED wired to my central locking...
Hello, I m computer science's student.I want some project topics based on core java.Pleaze reply
How does gmail, yahoo work like what are technologies it uses, how it process, how it has been built,
๐Ÿ˜• HI EVERYBODY, I AM NEW MEMEBER OF THIS FORUM, I AM STUDYING BCA FINAL YEAR, I WANT TO MAKE A MINI PROJECT, SO PLEASE ANY ONE CAN SUGGESTS ME...
Some fun short vids by Texas Instruments. What would life be without engineers? ๐Ÿ˜€ Thank an Engineer Which reminds me, I wonder how our CE Song is going?