Small Talk With Mr. Ravi Pandit, CEO & Chariman, KPIT Cummins

Small Talk Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

We give special thanks to #-Link-Snipped-# for his efforts and Mr. Vijayasarathi Vinjimoor (Gutenberg Communications) for his support in making this Small Talk possible.

Your comments and views in this thread please.

Replies

• Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    "Think innovatively, solve social needs and make money" πŸ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great job, Ishan & AKD! I had an opportunity to listen to Mr. Pandit at the TieCON 2012 at Nagpur. He's an amazing personality and so confident of the growth of this company! I'm sure KPIT engineers would love to read his interview πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Great job, Ishan & AKD!
    I apparently screwed the first paragraph. Thanks AKD for correcting it πŸ˜€
    I congratulate #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# for guess the correct answer πŸ˜€

Regarding interview: Went through his interview multiple times. His answers are realistic. Will read it once more tonight although I have it by heart now. β˜•
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Great interview and the best part "think innovatively, solve social needs and make money".πŸ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Great Interview. It's really glad to know about him.

My message to them will be – think innovatively, solve social needs and make money.
    Awesome πŸ‘
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    forgot to add - "@Issue #-Link-Snipped-# - Great Job"
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Something that we all need to work upon -

"SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS"

I feel that this is the time where we have to engineer sustainable innovations. There are many people in the world who need a better standard of living, however the way we are using natural resources giving the same standard of living to these people as we have, will not be sustainable.
    We need intelligently engineered solutions that can take care of the aspirations of the masses without further rapid destruction of the resources, and I think this will call for a lot of engineering, new energy sources, new methods of manufacturing, new methods of product design, mass customizations, and so on.
    In a situation where the developed societies are producing less and less engineers , our responsibility and opportunities lie in engineering efficient, appropriate and cost effective solutions even more.

• upside down
    upside down
    our opportunities are --

... societies are producing less and less engineers , our responsibility and opportunities lie in engineering efficient, appropriate and cost effective solutions ....

Now, we have to groom and encourage our staff & engineers to come with newer methods of preserve material, energy and save oil-grease (which are hazardous);
    with the help of shop-floor staff, we can be more innovative and effective for over all benefits;
    rather than remaining in Board-rooms.
    Here is big role for all CEans....
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# What you said is absolutely true. The basic trouble is "The engineers to be" are not exposed to real life situations. This leaves us limited to watch videos on informative videos on Youtube and "How Stuff Works".

We have to focus on developing practical solutions rather than memorizing theory. πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Good interview Ishan and AKD πŸ˜€, everyone knows how hard is it to do these small talks 😁.
    The wise words will always be remembered 'Think Innovatively'
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    I'm sure KPIT engineers would love to read his interview πŸ˜€
    They read it. πŸ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I like these words,
    I have always believed that it is possible to do something if you donΓ’€™t know you cannot do it.
    Great interview #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#. πŸ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Our interest levels in engineering don't remain constant. From dreams of finding new proprietary methods of producing aldehydes and oil exploration to a steady stream of CAT books while learning...
Looks like the much awaited Android 4.0.4 firmware upgrade is now rolling out over the air for Motorola Xoom WiFi version. The owners of Motorola Xoom WiFi should quickly head...
CEans, if you face any issues with the system keeping you logged in; please post them here. Please make sure that you can repeat the issues and provide us detailed...
Our Ex-mod-squad member and CE-Star MaRo celebrates his birthday today. We wish you a very happy birthday MaRo. πŸŽ‰
Rainmeter Supported: 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows XP (SP2+), Vista, 7, and 8. Rainmeter displays customizable skins, like memory and battery power, RSS feeds and weather forecasts, right on...