Small Talk with Mr. Paul Buchheit - Creator of Gmail, Adsense & FriendFeed

CEans,

We are addicted to Gmail. We eat, drink & sleep Gmail. So we began our hunt for the engineer who created it. We found out that the creator of Gmail is also the creator of Adsense - Internet's #1 website monetization program. We seached more and found out that the creator of Gmail & Adsense is also the man who gave Google its world famous tagline "Don't Be Evil". We digged deeper and found out that the man behind Gmail, Adsense, 'Don't Be Evil' is also the man behind FriendFeed! We requested him for a Small Talk and he agreed. We jumped with joy.

We are extremely proud and happy to have the engineer who changed the world forever - Mr. Paul Buchheit. Check out our Small Talk with Mr. Paul Buchheit:-

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Awesome. Great interview!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yet again another consistantly great read, thank you to all who were involved with it!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Nice one Mr.Buchheit and Biggie!!!
    ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You're welcome ๐Ÿ˜€

I liked his answers. We all should learn something from "launch fast and iterate". ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Great interview ๐Ÿ˜€

I liked this=- "For me, work is much more enjoyable if I know that it matters to other people and that it's somehow improving their life."
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I liked only one thing of my use.

"A lot of times people think that hard problems demand complex solutions, but we've found that the opposite is often the case, because complex things quickly become unmanageable and incomprehensible"

I completely agree with it and I think all CEans here should follow it in their life also. ๐Ÿ˜€

PS: Well, this reminded me of one of my old thread also.๐Ÿ˜‰
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Excellent interview.

"I just wanted something that was different and memorable and that would make people a little uncomfortable"

I liked the above sentence very much !!! so we can make people uncomfortable sometimes to make something good ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    NICE INTERVIEW
    "I think empirical and experimental methods tend to work the best because the world is simply too complex to predict what will happen in advance"
    because its real the experimental methods will output the best results
  • suyash
    suyash
    Great interview !!
    I really admire the way google always keeps most of its product in Beta stage and how google labs comes up with new features almost every week !!

would have loved to ask him to elaborate more about this ability to throw more feature enhancements on gmail etc...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    suyash
    Great interview !!
    I really admire the way google always keeps most of its product in Beta stage and how google labs comes up with new features almost every week !!

would have loved to ask him to elaborate more about this ability to throw more feature enhancements on gmail etc...
    Mr. Buchheit does not work for Google anymore. He's focused on Friendfeed now ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you for the appreciation ๐Ÿ˜€ We've lot of great interviews lined up this year!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I think you are all heard this word.The hidden feature of the operating system or the software is called easter egg...
For each process there is a unique id will be genrated by the process. I want to know about the process that is generating that id in unix or linux.....
Hi all... After a long gap i am back to this forum ๐Ÿ˜€ . I was busy with my exams and other works. I think some of CE'ans read my...
HELO FRIENDS I AM THIRD YEAR ENG. STUDENT AND I AM WORKING ON IMAGE COMPRESSION AND FOR THE SAME I WANT TO CAPTURE A IMAGE FROM A CAMERA AND STORE...
hii i am doing B.E and i wanted to do a project in inian airlines . can any one tell me if indian airlines have got any projects for students????