• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    nice and very inspiring

Great interview. 😎

Thank You Big_k for providing it to us.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    yo!

engineering with humanitarian science 😀 a nice combo!

good small talk session! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks and I'm glad you liked the small talk. During our phone conversations for the small talk, Mr. Godbole said that he'd like to see engineers solving the problems people in Indian villages face. He'd like to see talented engineers teaming up to work out better healthcare in remotest villages.

How many of you are willing to do that? Do you believe it is important & necessary?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Superb interview Biggie. And after reading all this i want to say this man is real all-rounder.
  • madhumurundi
    madhumurundi
    Really Superb Interview Biggie.. His words are Inspiring ..
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    very nice Interview but i have a small Query
    I read
    that Mr Achyut Godbole said Mr One fine day, I noticed an ad in the newspaper by Tata Mills for the job of a ‘programmer’. I however didn’t know what ‘programmer’ meant. One of my friends explained it to me and I applied for the job. I did well in the interview and got the job.
    Why he took this decission is it right to take??What do you think guys??
  • itchap
    itchap
    Superb interview.!!Very inspiring thoughts..
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    superb interview..! very inspirative....!
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    awesome words
    nice one
    thanks for providing it
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ biggie

Most of INDIAN population is in rural areas and many of the rural areas don't have basic needed facilties like electricity and clean water. What Mr Godbole suggested is actually the very essential activity.
    Now coming to how we do it, It can be more of a team work and internal motivation. I don't think many would be ready to give up full time jobs and get into social service, but yes, spending few days for training people within the villages to support their own village might be a nice approach.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Wonderful interview 😀

Teachers and parents should encourage entrepreneurs.
  • pracas
    pracas
    How many of you are willing to do that? Do you believe it is important & necessary?
    @big_k

answering the second question first, I believe it is very very important and very much the need of the hour. I logged in after a long time to say this.

Coming to the first question, I'm willing to do and would love to know if you guys have actually planned something in this regard or if you are looking for ideas.

Finally, its a pity that inspite of the number of views and replies, nobody has replied to this question excepting durga.

Think of it -Over half a million fresh engineers coming out every year yet we don't have much to claim in the engineering domain! 😔

pracas
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, point well said. There are lot of factors involved. Family pressure to settle early in life, zero motivation to be 'different', being salable in marriages market takes the risk taking abilities of most of the folks.

Applies to most of the Asian countries, I guess.
  • pracas
    pracas
    I think its more to do with willingness to do things and lack of sight beyond the immediate social pressures. But thats the way it is.

pracas
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    The_Big_K
    nice interview.. 😀
    i would like to say that ,we are indians and most of our population still belongs to the rural area.so its better to do as we are the youth of our country and its our responsibility to grow up the conditions there.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cooldudeiet
    nice interview.. 😀
    i would like to say that ,we are indians and most of our population still belongs to the rural area.so its better to do as we are the youth of our country and its our responsibility to grow up the conditions there.
    You have a nice point. I however believe people who can afford engineering college fees in India need to turn into social entrepreneurs or bring some fundamental changes in technology. But the trend we see is that most of them get jobs in third year of engineering and don't care about innovating or creating something.
  • pranita
    pranita
    good interview! really inspiring!
    i have gone thru his book 'data communication and networking'. very nicely written,simple and easy to understand language.
    thanks for providing it!
  • abhishek1814
    abhishek1814
    great interview big k... its just mind blowing

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is a great innovation that can help in the energy savings Check it out here:Hybrid electric cars may power our homes - SiliconIndia
This guide is for students just starting out in the IT industry By JAMSHED AVARI Check it out here: Chip - India's Most Trusted Guide To Gadgets And Technology >...
This is our smallest processor built with the world's smallest transistors. The Intel® Atom™ processor is based on an entirely new design, built for low power and designed specifically for...
I just received this E mail Top Ten ways things would be different if Microsoft built cars: 1. A Particular model year of car wouldn't be available until AFTER that...
Apple has unveiled a mouse which will use Multi-Touch technology allowing customers to navigate using intuitive finger gestures. This wireless mouse is called as Magic Mouse, and instead of mechanical...