Small doubt regarding field theory

hi i am shiva kumar
well i have a small doubt regarding field theory.It is said that circuit theory fails at higher frequencies ,field theory comes into picture.At the same time some devices radiate signals if not properly designed,why like that?i fail to understand this concept.

capacitive reactance Xc=1/(wc)
at lower frequencies Xc is not negligible how can you neglect it?

please try to help me understand this concept.

well what i mean why are we neglecting "impedance" at higher frequencies and con?sider only resistance?

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Capacitances are usually parallel in any system (unless explicitly mounted in series).
    For Eg-In a co-axial cable, there is is a capacitance between the centre conductor and the shield, in a PCB there is a capacitance between 2 traces, etc.

Secondly, in such systems, the parallel capacitance has a low pass filtering effect, i.e., high frequency signals tend to get dampened and low frequency signals are unaffected by the capacitances in the system.

Hence Xc is neglected at low frequencies.

-Karthik
  • shiva kumar
    shiva kumar
    thanks for the reply karthik
    but why they act like antennas i mean why the devices tend to radiate high frequencies ,has it got something to do about capacitors and inductors being energy storing elements? but why radiate?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, Is there any mechanism for changing my display name? I do not want my username to be displayed on all the posts done by me.

Hi

Hi Everyone, I am browsing for knowledge sharing sites and fortunately landed here. I like d way site z organized.
I found this great website from google😉. I'm a mechanical engineer for 5 years, but i don't know how to say,more like structure&product engineer,anyway, glad to say hello to you...
Name: Degant Puri *Engineering Trade: Electronics 1st year. Location: India *Occupation: Student 1st year *Hobbies & Interests: FBall, BBall, Computer, C++, Robotics, Music, Astronomy, Manchester United😛, Avril Lavinge;-), Coldplay, Facebook...
hi to every one 😛 I am an Electronics engineering student . I have to do my miniproject .please suggest a good topic and related information .Please help me as...