Slum Dog Millionaire Review

the story is too good...

story starts with jamal(hero) being questioned by police for cheating in 'Who wants to be a millionaire'( indian version='kaun banega karordpati'), a slum boy who gorws up to become a tea server at a callc centre has been percieved by the police as a cheater as they dont expect him to win so much without any formal education..

during interogation he unreveals his story...for each question asked he has a mumbair incident to relate and answer it.. for other questions he uses life lines

a beautiful very relaistic movie... must watch

4/5
-.5 for showing INDIA in its very crude slum form and showing $ being used in INDIA...

-.5 though adopted from VIKAS SWARUP;s novel.. i dont remember seeing it during titles..

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• aashima
    aashima
    Its in my to-do-list ๐Ÿ˜›, but every time I plan to watch it, for one or the other reason, I have to drop the idea. There was an article by Arundhati Roy in Times of India yesterday on the movie review and she has elaborated the movie's plot and reviews in a nice way.
    Will watch it soon. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    A bit off topic, but was there an animated movie about a dancing dog in India? It was a collaboration between Disney and an Indian animation house I think. The preview looked very impressive.
    [EDIT]
    Oh, sorry, biggie already had a thread here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Sorry *grin*
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep, it was "Roadside Romeo".
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    slumdog millionaire is a critically acclaimed flim,the flim is worth watching!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yep, really excellent film. Interesting.

And you know wat? A.R.Rahman has received the golden globe award for music for this film. It's the first time an Indian has received this award. Way to go...
  • rajsan04
    rajsan04
    Re: Slum Dog Millionaire Ending Credits Dance Video

pretty nice video

- YouTube
  • aashima
    aashima
    I liked every part of it. Too close to reality. Simply, A must-watch!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    silverscorpion
    Yep, really excellent film. Interesting.

And you know wat? A.R.Rahman has received the golden globe award for music for this film. It's the first time an Indian has received this award. Way to go...
    Not only that. This movie received three other awards.

Best Motion Picture- Drama
    Best Director- Motion Picture
    Best Screenplay- Motion Picture.

Congrats ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Its a One of the Best Movie i had ever seen Weldone Rehman
  • Neha
    Neha
    awesome movie!! a-must-watch!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    This is indeed one of the best movies of recent times. I had written a review on my blog some time back. Here it is #-Link-Snipped-#

Have a good read.
  • dpk2008shm
    dpk2008shm
    a movie with a good story and music and acting. full marks to director and A R rehman. But not a movie to watch at home because of too slangs(made*****) used in the film. I am not sure what they wanted to say by introducing such words. apart from these the movie was too good.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm, Thanks for the tip.
  • gohm
    gohm
    It is because it is not a 'Bollywood" film, it's a Western movie filmed in India. For better or worse, Western movies have different content due to the culture. That is why laguage and themes increased the movie rating. I've noticed Bollywood films over the last few years have also started to shift. If you can tolerate the subject, it is a very well made movie as you said that shows somestark realism.

dpk2008shm
    a movie with a good story and music and acting. full marks to director and A R rehman. But not a movie to watch at home because of too slangs(made*****) used in the film. I am not sure what they wanted to say by introducing such words. apart from these the movie was too good.
  • adam0211
    adam0211
    durga
    the story is too good...

story starts with jamal(hero) being questioned by police for cheating in 'Who wants to be a millionaire'( indian version='kaun banega karordpati'), a slum boy who gorws up to become a tea server at a callc centre has been percieved by the police as a cheater as they dont expect him to win so much without any formal education..

during interogation he unreveals his story...for each question asked he has a mumbair incident to relate and answer it.. for other questions he uses life lines

a beautiful very relaistic movie... must watch

4/5
    -.5 for showing INDIA in its very crude slum form and showing $ being used in INDIA...

-.5 though adopted from VIKAS SWARUP;s novel.. i dont remember seeing it during titles..

#-Link-Snipped-#
    hi very nice movie
    very good explanation
    it might be inspired people to see the movie ๐Ÿ˜”
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Dr. Arindham Choudary, Dean of the IIPM schools of business has written an article in which he thouroughly disgraces slumdog millionaire. He says it's good for nothing and urges us not to see the movie as it's the west's image of India that's portrayed. The real 'slum dog', accordong to them is India, he says.
    these may come as very rude. I definitely am not one to accept these. Wat do you say guys?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    it sure is a nice movie,since it has been nominated for academt awards,but i slept through the movie its a way too slow
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sauravgoswami
    it sure is a nice movie,since it has been nominated for academt awards,but i slept through the movie its a way too slow
    Heh heh ๐Ÿ˜›

I saw the movie. Boring movie. I didn't like it. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Ohh someone share my veiws,everyone is praising it,i wonder why....thanks biggie
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everything that is made in the west is praised in India, that's why. By the way, I did like the first 1 minute of A.R. Rehman's Jai Ho track.
  • gohm
    gohm
    That does seem true. I was sad when I first got off the plane in India that my hair was not blowing around indoors and that people did not stop in the middle of the road breaking into song & dance... thanks a lot Bollywood! lol No fears Biggie, there is a small minority like me that is trying to do the reverse for balance.

The_Big_K
    Everything that is made in the west is praised in India, that's why. By the way, I did like the first 1 minute of A.R. Rehman's Jai Ho track.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Thats surprising India has been showed to the world thanks to bollywood....and indian travel a lot to different places of world!!! although india is loosely inspired by west
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    .5 though adopted from VIKAS SWARUP;s novel.. i dont remember seeing it during titles..

#-Link-Snipped-#[/quote]

The novel name is Q&A i guess.
    the movie is good i liked it i rate 3/5 .
    The music is also rated 3/5 , if we want excellent rahmans music listen to Dil Se , Jaane tu and many more they are even much better than SlumDog
  • suyash
    suyash
    I also really hated the movie for showing all that is bad in India... never really seen such a superb stereotype description of India with all the "highly entrenched notions of the West about India"...

I really can't believe how could Indians like this movie at all? I am not saying that I cant accept the poverty portrayed in the movie, but all that it does is show the negative side...

Some of the scenes were too nauceating for me... and the movie in general was boring... at least the novel Q and A by Vikas Swarup is better than this... It shows a more balanced story... Slumdog is like a mud cake given to everyone to throw on India as a country...

I also found the movie boring... pardon me for not really admiring the Oscar winner movie...
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    I liked every part of it...
    It shows reality of indian poor people...
    and great music by A Rahman..
    in short, Perfect movie
  • cowboy
    cowboy
    Music of slumdog is good.
  • Milan25
    Milan25
    Its a really very good movie must watch it one time !
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    cowboy
    Music of slumdog is good.
    ya.. you r right.. nice music by rahman.. and also nice lyrics by Gulzar...๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, There are lots of filters like Gabor, GLCM filters to extract features for the image. What is the difference between these filters and what are the other filters that...
I played the online quiz here - How Web 2 are you? | Quizible and scored 20/33. Can anyone list out all the correct answers? ๐Ÿ˜
Recently, I met a guy (final year engineering student and a wannabe entrepreneur) who was searching for a co-founder to get started with his idea. I asked why he thought...
The recession has put a freeze on hiring at many companies. The 2008 and 2009 batches have been hit. I've heard that two leading colleges in India [Government & Private]...
That's the question almost every engineering student wants answered. The importance of this question is even more in the recession time. I urge all CEans who have successfully gotten jobs...