Sluice gate lifting mechanism

what type of lifting mechanism should we use in different irrigation and dam sluice gates?

Replies

• sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    There is not very tough mechanism applied..
    The gates slide vertically on a frame to open or close. Also sometimes they act as a flap which opens or close by the water pressure.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    the choice of mechanisms that can be used are many.

the one which comes to my mind right now is of that using a small bevel gear box, operated by a crank handle .This is the same mechanism which is used to lift the very large and heavy shutters (rolling type), which are used in factories and godowns.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi every1 😀 i m mohammed mahboob i m ab.tech fourth year student i landed here in search of a seminar topic, ppt.
Supposing that you are able to fold a paper equally in half 'n' number of times. What would the size(width) of the paper be if you fold it 48 times.?...
Glad to inform you all that there are openings in Indian Navy. For Engineers who aspire to serve our nation well there is an opportunity for us. The online application...
Alrighty, you are a little less around these days , no worries. We are all wishing you a very happy birthday! 🎉 PS:CEans - you can read about ASk here...
"ICERECT 12" 1st International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics Computer Science and Technology organized by Department of Electronics & Communication, Department of Computer Science and Department of Information Technology...