Skill requirement for Embedded system tech.

Dear CE members,
As we all know EMbedded system is growing on a fast pace.I am intrested in stepping in this feld.SO..what are the skills required for this field?
PLz let me know...!

Replies

• Prady
    Prady
    If I think of people working as embedded systems engineer then they must be having some of these skills:

Assembly language programming
    C Language programming
    Devices like RISC processor, DSP or 8051 chip
    Embedded Communication Systems (Protocols suites)
    Real Time Operating Systems
    Computer Organization
    Logic design and Some Hardware internals
    Digital and analog design techniques
    System design techniques

There are various engineering fields where embedded systems are used like:

Telecom/Mobile Communication
    Industrial engineering
    Computers /Peripherals
    Consumer Electronics
    Aerospace
    Government/military
    Automotive/Transportation
    Medical Equipment
    Electronic equipments

Depending upon the above fields one is working on s/he acquire skills.

For a freshman, I think linux internals, C/C++ programming on linux systems and may be a bit of device driver or kernel level programming on linux will be good enough to land into a job.

Once you get into a job, you can start exploring more.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    becool
    Dear CE members,
    As we all know EMbedded system is growing on a fast pace.I am intrested in stepping in this feld.SO..what are the skills required for this field?
    PLz let me know...!
    Assuming that you are a newbie to the world of embedded systems, you might spend Rs.500/ or ( $11.5 ) to get a video courseware on Embedded Systems from KSET - #-Link-Snipped-#

Have a look at it ๐Ÿ˜€ , might help!

-The Big K-
  • blach
    blach
    i think you must see this before to have a good idea about a world embedded systems:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

good night !!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Big K will hate me for this thread. ๐Ÿ˜ I'm starting this cool thread right now ๐Ÿ˜!
Question originally posted by CEan Mahen_raj_singh in our CE Conference ๐Ÿ˜€ - Why the USB doesn't support the windows98 edition? Anyone wants to answer this? -The Big K-
san anyaone get me the PHP script for this site www.thegooglepagerank.com/
the numbers on the num pad of my keyboard are not functioning but my keyboard works properly on other systems. please tell me how to solve the problem.
hye there,can sumbody help me with ideas or example how to make a web-based remote monitoring and controlling system project?? actually i already survey sum website about this project but...