Single phase half wave rectifier

hi friends,
i have a problems with the waveforms of single phase half wave rectifier with r ,rl,rc loads etc.... i didnt understood properly please guide me

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    satty lavanya
    hi friends,
    i have a problems with the waveforms of single phase half wave rectifier with r ,rl,rc loads etc.... i didnt understood properly please guide me
    Could you write about the exact problems you are facing with the waveforms? That'd help us help you better 😀.
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    Single phase half wave rectifier? I think it was enough to have only specified half wave rectifier. Anyway, as Kaustubh has said you have not given the exact problem you are facing. But there are few basic things you need to understand - with the resistive load the current is in phase with the voltage, with inductance the voltage leads the current and in capacitive load the current leads. With that in background you can understand the waveforms produced in the output. With a combination of capacitance or/and inductance the variations in the voltages may be removed and you may get near smooth DC at the output. Refer this link Login to understand the waveforms.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well the R, RL, RLC loads are not loads to the actual circuit they are filters and they help in removing the DC ripples which are produced while conversion of AC to DC

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have been allocated to PG-DESD ,CDAC,knowledge park,bengaluru. I need some details regarding class timings and full fee payment. I know the last date for fee payment. But, I want...
Flipkart has posted a teaser saying "Exciting times at Flipkart, we've got a brand new digital product lined up in a couple of days... can you guess what it is?",...
In the past few years, Samsung has emerged as one of the biggies to present the latest technological innovations and products at the IFA, one of the biggest consumer electronics...
I just watched the movie Apollo 18. Well it is a built up obviously but it poses some serious questions on the Lunar Missions. Later I tried to surf more...
Nowadays, everyone is looking for more features to hold in their hands. A decent good looking phone maybe the one with 8MP+ camera, secondary cam at 2MP+, 8GB internal storage,...