CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 5, 2013

satty lavanya
    hi friends,
    i have a problems with the waveforms of single phase half wave rectifier with r ,rl,rc loads etc.... i didnt understood properly please guide me
    Could you write about the exact problems you are facing with the waveforms? That'd help us help you better 😀.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Prashant Munshi

MemberAug 5, 2013

Single phase half wave rectifier? I think it was enough to have only specified half wave rectifier. Anyway, as Kaustubh has said you have not given the exact problem you are facing. But there are few basic things you need to understand - with the resistive load the current is in phase with the voltage, with inductance the voltage leads the current and in capacitive load the current leads. With that in background you can understand the waveforms produced in the output. With a combination of capacitance or/and inductance the variations in the voltages may be removed and you may get near smooth DC at the output. Refer this link <a href="https://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2117.0;attach=3957;image" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Login</a> to understand the waveforms.
    Cancel
  • Jeffrey Arulraj

MemberAug 5, 2013

Well the R, RL, RLC loads are not loads to the actual circuit they are filters and they help in removing the DC ripples which are produced while conversion of AC to DC
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register