Simple Water Sensor !

Planning to design a Simplest Water Sensor. In which I am going to Use Two Simple Wires.
I am going to place it on Pipe There will be small gape between two wires but when there is Water coming out of Pipe there is path completion and i can get the applied signal at other side and by sensing that I can take Decisions whether there is Water or not.

But the case is that Whole System is Working on 5V and When I Put two terminal In Water that 5V is not available at other side because of Resistance of Water.

Do you have any other Idea to Make Simplest and Handy Water Sensor?

Replies

• yanivx
    yanivx
    yes u can use hairs from the tail of the hair. i am not joking horse hairs are used in some of the humidity sensors. the hairs should be sandwiched in such a manner so that when it soaks water there should be make. the disadvantage with this is you cannot use it continuously.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    yanivx
    yes u can use hairs from the tail of the hair. i am not joking horse hairs are used in some of the humidity sensors. the hairs should be sandwiched in such a manner so that when it soaks water there should be make. the disadvantage with this is you cannot use it continuously.
    After a long time #-Link-Snipped-# . 😀 Nice to see you again.
    Can you please explain in detail if you have more knowledge on this.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If your load is consuming good amount of current then it is possible to sense but in this case Sensing will be done by microcontroller and it needs current less than 1mA.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India's largest telecom operator Airtel is in talks with Qualcomm to acquire 4G licenses to roll out 4G services in Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. The two companies may even form...
Finally, 4G has arrived in India. I agree that India's still to get 3G right and the network providers still struggle with implementation issues; 4G might change all of that....
An interesting application of augmented reality seems useful for town planning. Decision makers see a virtual reality of the proposed architectural plans to aid decision making. https://www.theengineer.co.uk/1012313.article?cmpid=TE01#Video
The new novel for adults by J.K. Rowling is entitled The Casual Vacancy. And the news has it that it will be released all over the world on 27th September...
I'm wondering do you all create your own blog? If so, could you please share with me the platform that you established your blog on? I want to establish my...