simple question regarding keyboard (but technical prespective)

Generally when we press keys on the keyboard actually ascii code will be passed ,Isn't it?.so using keylogging softwares the hacker can steal the data.
But what about virtual keyboard means (onscreen keyboard) what is happening behind it .Is the principle is same for all onscreen keyboard softwares.I want the technical reasons and one more doubt why didn't they use unicode for that.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Onscreen Keyboard (the one from Microsoft, which comes up when you open Run and type OSK) is a Virtual Keyboard, which more or less acts as a real Keyboard, with the same kind of ASCII Input to the OS. ๐Ÿ˜€

In case of Virtual Keyboards, which you see in most of the Bank Websites, is just pure JavaScript and they append the value to the input box or whatever. They cannot be tracked by hackers, as it is just a JavaScript. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope this clears... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Microsoft OSK, we use, is also of pure javascript?
    No SP, it is an application. It uses events... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Sorry for my ignorance ๐Ÿ˜”
    Do hackers can track this OSK?
    Yeah, guess it is possible... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am currently looking at how a specific circuit works. The device part number is FZ06NPA070FP. I cannot determine what the ratings are for the diodes in the zener...
Anyone knows how to download a Google-doodle, if at all downloadable!!? ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜‰
Microsoft has hinted at the Kinect for Windows SDK for quite a long time now. However, developers will now be able to get hands on it as Microsoft is expected...
Sony has silently launched the music unlimited app for android users. The online music space is too crowded these days with almost every big company offering the service to its...
Sony DSC-HX9V has won top reviews on leading photography blogs. The news could be a relaxing one for Sony executives who've been attracting negative posts since last few weeks because...