SIM slot just underneath the battery of DELL laptop

i think someone can answer this . the manual specifically doesnot mention any use of it ( but mentions - on Cingular /Vodafone SIM's work) for a very SIM slot looking slot ,thinking of which it makes me think it might be for WAN services, but again I am not too sure.

😒 as a first level try .. I did put in my mobile SIM (optus)but nothing really happened.

Has anyone used this slot before? What is it actually for?

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    It didn't work because it has no way to communicate with outside networks no wireless mobile network device that connect the SIM with basestations.

You need WWAN device according to this #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yeah, you might be missing a WWAN device like MaRo said. This is sorta like a mini card that you can insert, if there is a slot for it.

What Dell Laptop are you using?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Actually, this was the first time I saw something similar to a SIM slot , I am using DELL XPS 1330. I have not yet gone through the link what MaRo provided, just skimmed it 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends...... i m 3rd year student... next semester is my training semester... i mean 6months training..... please guide me friends........ in which company should go for training????? what should...
Hi everyone,I am a final year student of P.A.Aziz College of Engineering ,Trivandrum-Kerala. I m looking for sponsors for our college fest.Its a National level inter college fest!!(both tech& cultural).It's...
Hi friends. I need to know that how does a digital signature works. Can anyone provide me the easy way to understand that what actually happens in digital signature?
thank you for your help and please say some thing b/c i really want it b/c i graduated this year
hello mates i m new on CE & need some help.M in ma final semester of B.tech and want to pursue MBA after dys.M going to take CAT2010 now the...