Sim card could get cloned, if you call back to +92*, #90 or #09

Just saw following on ZeeNews website and it is coming in Google news , technology section.
#-Link-Snipped-#

News stated that:
If you will get call from numbers starting with +92*, #90 or #09 , do not call back otherwise your SIM will be cloned.

Can anyone confirm that, if it is possible to clone SIM over network?😨

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Lets talk about why is it difficult or, may be, impossible to clone a sim card by just a call-back.
    Here is something to be chewed on.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Then, why this media spreading rumor about it..👎
    I have gone through this article , I am wondering if anyone in telecom sector can clarify this doubt.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For the records sake, I've gotten 3 missed calls from number: +37090905204

I tried calling back and no one picked up the phone. I doubt sim cloning through call is possible.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    For the records sake, I've gotten 3 missed calls from number: +37090905204

I tried calling back and no one picked up the phone. I doubt sim cloning through call is possible.
    +37 is Germany country code.... or may be someone on on skype (My friend call from Australia with number +37*** using skype). News is saying only above number *are dangerous* , while +92 is Pakistan country code.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thank you for update. Yes the phone seems to be from Germany and I had to call back to verify whether it's anything related to business.

In either case, SIM cloning seems quite unlikely.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I got a call from +923356922944 before i read this post. I did try to call back, but there was no use.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys.....i m ur new friend... I am very happy to be in this community of engineers..... Now i am in second year in netaji shubhash engineering college. please allow...
Will some one help me in converting pdf file to excel using java??
Well, this one may look a it silly but i was kinda bugged by it as i dont have that much knowledge about this one- When we do the cycling...
A retired electronic/mechanical engineer. Has been involved in Teaching, Design & Development and Project Management. Has been employed, mostly at arms manufacturers, in the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Below...
ok, i got this one while watching some random movie. Everytime the brake of some 4 wheeler fails, the person tries to stop it by hitting it onto some object,...