Silicon Air Battery with unlimited shelf life! WOW!

Scientists at the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology have developed an eco-friendly silicon-air battery capable of powering devices for thousands of hours before replacement.

“Silicon-air batteries will be used like the ones already in use today. But by using silicon—a safe, non-toxic, stable and more common material—we can create very lightweight batteries with infinite shelf life and high energy capacity.”
– lead researcher Yair Ein-Eli

The batteries are created from silicon and oxygen, are lightweight, and have a high tolerance for both extremely dry conditions and high humidity. The creators say that the new battery could be used for medical applications like hearing aids or diabetic pumps, but also for microelectronics and sensors.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Great.. The most important point is it is eco-friendly

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

civil engineering viva questions for IInd years hi all, This thread is a compilations of the Viva questions the civil engineering students may face during the viva sessions. Please enlist...
hi,i am doing my engineering in electronics and communication. i am now in third year.i heard about a course ME.SHIPPING AND LOGISTIC from one of my relative.Is there any course...
Anyone out there got any ideas to help me with. Im a second year apprentice for ExxonMobil doing instrumentation. I have been set the task of completing an instrumentation project....
hi. so happy, becoming a CEan. but so confused of where to start.😒
WindowsPager Version: 0.77 File Size: 1629 License: Free Operating System: Windows XP,Windows 2000,Windows Vista,Windows 7 Virtual desktops help you keep open programs organized by putting each one into a separate...