Signed and unsigned version of application.

What is difference between signed and unsigned version of application? What is the need of application which are signed?

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Extended capabilites(UnSigned) doesn't have access to system/private folder, but have screenshot tools, able to kill processes, etc.
    Capabilities: PowerMgmt Location SwEvent ProtServ NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData.
    Basic capabilities(Signed) doesn't have access to system/private folder & screencapture tool, not able to kill processes.
    Capabilities: NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData.
    The advantage of the signed version is that you can have better control over to access your device files, folders and connection settings.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, as far as I know, applications are signed to assure that it is safe to use those applications.

If an application is unsigned, then the OS might prompt you saying that the application is not signed, and therefore, can be a malicious application.
    It warns you to use only those applications whose source you are aware of.

If an application is signed, then the OS verifies the authenticity of the application. Signature can also be used to verify the integrity of an application..

This is the need for a digital signature in any application or document or anything..
  • Leo
    Leo
    Scorpion's answer is correct. Praveena sorry but i think you have wrong piece of information.
  • vijaymp
    vijaymp
    praveena211
    Extended capabilites(UnSigned) doesn't have access to system/private folder, but have screenshot tools, able to kill processes, etc.
    Capabilities: PowerMgmt Location SwEvent ProtServ NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData.
    Basic capabilities(Signed) doesn't have access to system/private folder & screencapture tool, not able to kill processes.
    Capabilities: NetworkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData.
    The advantage of the signed version is that you can have better control over to access your device files, folders and connection settings.

What do you exactly mean by "able to kill processes"? Which processes it can kill? Can you please elaborate?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi! i'm new here I hope I can learn a lot from this forum ๐Ÿ˜
this is a thread to post all the innovative ideas that we have in mind in mechanical field. so that they are worth useful for doing as projects. so please...
i am not actually new here.. i was patiently reading all threads.. just made my mind to rock... let's ROCK guyzzzzz !!!!!!!
WORKSHOP ON AERIAL ROBOTICS IN TECHNICHE 2010, IIT GUWAHATI The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their grueling travels across trackless...
pls gv me sm info on blackbox system for accident analysis....i want 2 tk dis as mah topic 4 seminar..am an electronics n communication student....vat ds it actually do? n...