Should Web Access Be A Fundamental Right?

In modern times, its impossible to think of life without Internet access. Do you think Web Access should be a fundamental right?

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    No! I don't think that web access should be a fundamental right.
    Because, our fundamental rights are designed in such a way that they must be applicable to everyone.

For example Right to equality, Right to freedom, Right against Exploitation, Right to freedom of Religion etc.
    Even poor people can make use of them.

But I don't think that Right to Web access will be used by poor people. They cant do anything with this right.
    correct me if anything is wrong.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I would have to agree, it is a priviledge, not a right.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    better put "Right for information and education". yes it is needed
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    gohm
    I would have to agree, it is a privilege, not a right.
    I agree too. But I would like it to become comparable to a right. That means that the infrastructure is developed and the urban rural divide is reduced to a minimum. Then only, internet for all could be achieved. Just like in Japan, for instance..
  • Vega
    Vega
    Nops! I think it should neither be a fundamental right nor privilage. Its a just another service that people use for their requirements. Why I say it should not be a privilage is because, typically privilages need license from govt. (eg. driving)
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    The_Big_K
    In modern times, its impossible to think of life without Internet access. Do you think Web Access should be a fundamental right?
    Are you serious?

In a world in which large numbers of people struggle just to find safe drinking water, you want to make Internet access a "right"?
  • Chaitali Sumita
    Chaitali Sumita
    I really do think that it should be made a right..
    Internet has become a part and parcel of everyone's life(basically in urban areas)...Its extremely important from educational point of view ...
    Moreover it solves our problem in mints...it provides us with many imporatnt facts n infos which we cannot get through television......
    so i think that it should be made a right...but considering the rural part of India, i think government should take neccessary actions inorder to educate the poor people and provide them all information about the benefits that are obtained by using internet.....

Internet not only provides us knowlede but also helps in entertainment😀

I hope that it should become a right so that each and everyone gets to know more about the benefits of web access😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Read this article here: Why do we assume that higher house prices = good? | I Will Teach You To Be Rich What say you?
As a project beginner, i would like to learn about any one of the microcontroller...Suggest me which would be the best one to know about and also the reasons for...
ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) is a telephone network system that makes it possible to transmit, at high rates, more data and information than the traditional phone line. Whereas before...
I am trying to find a term pape on PLC but i don't get a good topic on which i made any paper so if anyone have any idea then...
I am a second year Computer Science student. I wanna do a mini-project in Operating systems in C. I dont have any idea of what to do. Can you suggest...