Should We Simplify Our CAPTCHA Questions (Human Verification)?

We've moved from regular reCAPTCHA to to quesiton-answers based human (engineer) verifications in the registration form to stop spammers from registering. The questions, I've been told are 'difficult'. For example one question is -

X is written as 1111011 in Binary System. So X =?
Do you think we should offer simpler questions like "12 + 12 = ?" ?

Replies

• born_star16
    born_star16
    If this forum is for Engineers only (of course it is but I think others interested in technology can also participate) then NO change required.........but if others can also join then YES. But still make it slightly simpler. I don't know how but if anything can be done.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yeah, Try to have simpler questions. I somewhat feel that those difficult questions stops some visitors registering. Simple questions make them to move forward and easily register. And we also have people other than Engineers. So, Simpler questions helps.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Simpler would be better but with some unique way like simple binary.
    and when verificaiton goes wrong pop up would be appear:
    Only Engineers allowed here!!!!!!
    😁 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Changed the questions to simpler ones.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I saw the question, that is very easy.
    Can we not have something which is not too easy, not too difficult. Something medium?

Can someone define Spamming / Spammers / Spam for me?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Person/automated system who creates unwanted/fake profile at CE for their advertisement or flood CE forum .
    There already some hacks which can bypass/read captcha for making automatated fake profiles.
    So it is neccessary to give some security question which can't be answered by automated system.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Ok. I got that. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Heard about this site; it was developed by Film star Rajini fans. The point is we have to disconnect our Network connection to access this site. I don't know how...
I recently came across something like "DDoS attack" whick is related to hacking. But i don't know what that means......can somebody tell me how it works??
Now they did it......the hactivist group Anonymous are building a social network website called "Anonplus". They claim that this website will guarantee privacy to it's users. They also claim that...
how do i come to know which technology a particular website has used i mean if the site has been mad in php,asp,net,java or cms but how can i determine...
1) Read your owners manual thoroughly before going off-road, or on road for that matter. Learn your vehicle. 2) Never go out alone as a short trip could be costly....