Should there be Cast Based Reservation in India?

Well, this is a serious topic, Reservation was meant for something good, but it's now misused and exploited by the people.

Whether we talk about reservation in School/Colleges, or Entrance test, but this is imposed on even promotion in Govt. Jobs.

I'm not against reservation, but against the exploitation of this reservation system.

There are still people below poverty line who seriously needs reservation and scholarship to (even become the first educated person) in their family. On the other hand, some people (who are from well to do families now) uses reservation.

They are becoming more lethargic with this, and not encouraged.

In my opinion, if it's really important, then only one person per family may be given reservation with rules as now only, and once he used reservation in entrance exam (for example) then he can't have any reservation in jobs.

It would ultimately solve the problem and there would be equality ensured.

What's your take on this ?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    From My point of view,government should encourage reservation system upto higher education but there should be no reservation in government jobs.As you said many economically developed people still uses these kind of offers and it may lead like a obstacle for the person who really in need of money and job.If we give or separate them bu annual income they could pay the vao and get a low income certificate.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    please see the existing threads already created on the topic
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am against reservation, The hell is that ?
    Middle class (not minor) with 80% don't get admission in government college & a dumbnut with 45% claims admission in government college & that too in top most college. YGTBFKM !

Government's whack rules are indirectly killing the talent.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Guys this thread should be locked. There are many threads already talking about the same.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to Google+ post by Sunder Pachai (Android Boss), announcing 1 billion android device activations till date and there is a Android statue with KitKat labeled on it. Quote from...
Dr. Karl Martin of Bionym Inc. hates passwords. He has tried password managers but he finds that its implementation on mobile devices is quite cumbersome. He knows biometric recognition systems...
The D-I-Y furniture major IKEA has come up with a concept for a D-I-Y disaster relief housing that is expected to cost about US$1000/unit. Though meant as temporary dwellings, they...
As the battle of the gaming consoles rages on, Sony has decided to enhance its battle plans with a new virtual reality headset planned to be unveiled at the PlayStation...
This thread is dedicated to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS whose codename we don't even know.(All we know is that the codename of 14.04 will start from alphabet 'T') I will try...