Should the governments be 100% transparent?

This debate topic is inspired from one of the ideas shortlisted by Google in its Project 10 to 100.

The idea says make the government more transparent. I've been thinking about how transparent the governments should be.

Do you think governments be 100% transparent? Justify your stand.

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    I think yes , in domestic issues but regarding international issues and disputes and in defense may be allowed to hide. ๐Ÿ˜› . Transparency is in vital in democracy . specially in national issues which include finance like in our country India just money is transferred to state govt. and never completely goes to the real man or the work for what actually it was sent. the sahukars ( middle man) they will always exploits their rights with power and when common people will go and ask the case will be hide in the files of judiciary .๐Ÿ˜”
  • gohm
    gohm
    I just don't think it is possible outside of theory for 100% transparency. Governments are usually large and complex in structure. Who or what agency would monitor and enforce it? More than likely, it would be a government agency so you have self policing to contend with. That is a lot of power. If the general populous, why are they not doing such already?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I personally think that keeping 100% transperancy in the government decisions is not a great idea. There are always two sides of a coin, one who will be happy with the decisions taken and another who will not. At times there are issues which may ignite the communal riots. Riots, because of some rights given to special community.

To avoid such issues I would recommend that transperency should be maintained wherever necessary. Not only in government, also in other departmens as well 100% transperency is not a very good idea.

-CB
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    too much of details will end up people in confused state. Sayign that the communal governance bodies need to be in the pyramid of democratic hierarchy ( local community councils -> suburb level-> state level-> moving upwards to country goverrance) , it would be good if the higher level body is transparent to immediate layers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google is celebrating 11[sup]th[/sup] birthday today ( September 27, 2009) with a new doodle - ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ HaPpy Birthday Google! Keep Rocking! PS: From today onwards, be easy on our personal...
CEans, I was surfing through few of the forums and found out that the posts / members ratio of CE is very poor. There are forums where ~800 members have...
Hi๐Ÿ˜Ž, I am now doing my 4th year in Telecommunication. My final year project going to start soon, i need a topic for my fyp. I am looking for the...
Can anyone tell me how to improve mileage in bikes?
Hi!!! friends ;-) 1)How stack is useful in recursion? 2)Advantages and Disadvantages of recursion??