Should the dress code in (work places) companies should be regulated?

Should the dress code in (work places) companies should be regulated?

I am not against any profession but I am sure that it is a debatable topic. Should there be a proper dress code in work places? I strongly believe that there should be a dress code which should be followed in work place. Many debates show states that some of the companies were very easy going on the employees and there were no restrictions on few companies. Should there be any strict dress code for employees which can curb many problems especially against women? I know that many of you argue on freedom but your freedom should not stimulate men/women.

Flood in your comments .Debate is on.............

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Moved to chitchat section.
    Reason : Similar debate already exist. Should there be a dress code in colleges or at workplaces?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    As a personal experience, I am very uncomfortable with formals. Dress code gives me feeling like being jailed and forced to do something. I feel like everyone must be free to wear what makes them feel comfortable. Its same case when you've something stuck in your teeth, or some dirt that went into your eye. You're so uncomfortable that your whole attention will be to just get rid of it, leaving aside everything else.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Everyday formals and also, Tie compulsory on Monday. Can anyone tell where I can buy this.
    monday_suck_tie-rbf968c869ac44d748436f1e586b48be3_v9whb_8byvr_324
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One of the reason i am working in my current company is, they are ok me wearing jeans , with beard and with chappal.

I dont mind negative comments, but this professionalism attitude with dress and attire doesnt suit me.

Come talk about my work and code, yes it is professional its all I care!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    One of the reason i am working in my current company is, they are ok me wearing jeans , with beard and with chappal.

I dont mind negative comments, but this professionalism attitude with dress and attire doesnt suit me.

Come talk about my work and code, yes it is professional its all I care!
    I second that, I as a Boss in my company found myself most comfortable with chappal until I hire a female candidate.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    whats with female and chappal ? I love wearing chappal because I usually injure my feet quite often almost once every 2 days by climbing a wall or something.. so chappal helps in healing the wound faster.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    whats with female and chappal ? I love wearing chappal because I usually injure my feet quite often almost once every 2 days by climbing a wall or something.. so chappal helps in healing the wound faster.
    Not sure, but it feels a lil awkward
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    flip flops (chappals) are best for work 😀 , I used to wear them everyday stating medical reasons , thankfully no one asked me to show a medical certificate. Also since I worked on weekends and had tuesday/wed as weekeoffs - I had plenty of reasons for wearing casuals on all days (monday is my weekend 😛)
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Dream week schedule! 😁

I have a strong belief that if you hire the right people, how they dress won't bother you OR won't matter to you. It should work both ways, ideally.

Since Mr. Zuckerberg has proved that hoodies can get you to IPOs, there's very little left to talk about on following a strict dress code.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends, A little doubt while reading noise in electronic devices. Is there any difference in the physical interpretation of power density and power density spectrum. why there is a...
Watching live TV on your smartphone and mobile has just become easier with Dish TV’s subscription based streaming service DishOnline. Dish TV subscribers can use the DishOnline service on web...
I have made a project on Point of Sale.It is a web based application,runs on an Intranet network. Front-End---Asp.net Back-End---Sqlserver IDE ---Visual Studio 2012 It is an inventory management system....
can we use alcohol blend biodiesel in vehicles
Mozilla have merged their Opensource Flash/SWF player 'Shumway' in the latest nightly builds of Firefox web browser. Mozilla's Shumway is an open web-native SWF (Adobe flash) runtime environment with the...