Should Obama be given Nobel Peace Prize or not?

We aren't the deciding authorities, but we can surely debate on the topic.

Get started, folks.

News Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    ahh, stil doubt But if we see his positiveness then Yes , He should be given .
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Breaking news
    Obama won the nobel prize for peace
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I do not think so.

There are many other deserving candidates who are doing better work then Obama. For me, he was not a suitable candidate for prestigious NOBEL PRIZE.

-CB
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Perhaps its a little premature. However, if his administration does manage to improve relations with Iran and N.Korea, as well as broker as significant deal with the Palestinian conflict, he could be deserving of it. It seems the judging committee see world stability as the main factor for this year's Nobel Peace Prize, as opposed to localized efforts.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    do the criteria for NOBEL prise change every year? Its less than an year to decide right? may be he has had positive impact on world situation but I think it's little too early
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Now Obama has to deliver , Yes we can ๐Ÿ˜€
    Good job Obama

President Barack Obama will donate the approximately $1.4 million award from the 2009 Novel Peace Prize to charity, says White House Deputy Press Secretary Bill Burton.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    โ€‹
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    may be he don't deserve this....there are more suitable candidates for this award...
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Ya, he was given the Nobel prize too prematurely. But the president has done something for maintaining world peace.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    No.....
    reasons
    1) He has been in the office for about 10 months now. No one can change anything in such a short time. Therefore he has not done much.
    2) The authorities claim that Mr. Obama is leading the campaign to disarm the nuclear weapons of the world. What a joke? USA has the maximum nuclear weapons in the world.
    3) All he has done till now is make speeches about what he plans to do. The results are not in front of anyone to see. Suppose, if he is unable to get his goal. Then what? Willl the authorities take back the Nobel prize from him. If talking about world peace on stage is the only criteria for winning the Nobel Prize, then it should be given to Miss World or Miss Universe each year.

I think the Swedish just want to improve their relationships with the USA. That is why they gave the prize to Obama.

Going by their logic. We discussed a lot about the Google Lunar Bot on CE and how we could make it. I think it is high time Google gave us the prize and the prize money.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Ya, he was given the Nobel prize too prematurely. But the president has done something for maintaining world peace.
    What has he done for world peace?
  • safwan
    safwan
    For me if I have to put my candidate is King Abdullah Bin AbdullAzizz of Saudi Arebia.

why ?

He was the one who had setteldown the feud between Hamas and Fatha

He called world different religious scholars to discuss todays issue and to come at common term in Medrid. ( Including shikh , hinduism and BOdha ) .
  • sookie
    sookie
    yadavundertaker
    there are more suitable candidates for this award...
    Please name them.

raj87verma88
    Good one. ๐Ÿ‘
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    does Obama deserve it....?

it was not only me but the whole world was shocked when obama was given noble prize....
    tell me does he deserve it.....
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    raj87verma88
    He has brought a shift in United states foreign policy concerning with the Muslim world.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    gaurav.bhorkar
    He has brought a shift in United states foreign policy concerning with the Muslim world.
    Big deal. He is not the first leader to do it. Changes come from grassroot level. Changing foreign policies will have no effect unless and until the views of the common people change.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Maybe he has been given the Nobel prize based on his aspirations or his promises i.e. ending the war in Iraq and defeating al-Qaeda in Afghanistan; halting Iran's possible drive to acquire a nuclear weapon; persuading North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    No obviously he doesn't deserve it.
    it is a fact even M.K.Gandhi was nominated 5 times(mind you only nominated) and after his death they declared that they could not give the prize post-humously.๐Ÿ˜ก
    and when a man who fought with ahimsa for years for a nation was not eligible for it,on what basis does obama qualify for it.๐Ÿ˜•
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    CIVILPRINCESS
    No obviously he doesn't deserve it.
    it is a fact even M.K.Gandhi was nominated 5 times(mind you only nominated) and after his death they declared that they could not give the prize post-humously.๐Ÿ˜ก
    and when a man who fought with ahimsa for years for a nation was not eligible for it,on what basis does obama qualify for it.๐Ÿ˜•
    I truely support your views...see everything is possible when power & position is with you,hence its better not to mention anything more...hope you understand
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Maybe he has been given the Nobel prize based on his aspirations or his promises i.e. ending the war in Iraq and defeating al-Qaeda in Afghanistan; halting Iran's possible drive to acquire a nuclear weapon; persuading North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons.
    That is the point. You do not give a prize on the basis of promises but on the basis of the results of your actions.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    raj87verma88
    That is the point. You do not give a prize on the basis of promises but on the basis of the results of your actions.
    Raj,
    What are you saying??
    If that is the case dont Mr.Gandhi our father of the nation deserves it...he has both made & kept promises to the Country Men..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    just2rock
    Raj,
    What are you saying??
    If that is the case dont Mr.Gandhi our father of the nation deserves it...he has both made & kept promises to the Country Men..
    Raj is talking about Obama I suppose, not M.K.Gandhi.
  • nandu070691
    nandu070691
    He had standed for peace. But it looks to be clapping before the speech...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ok, this one is to trigger a discussion Few of the CEans are aware of adhoc networking and as far as I know there are almost 8 different types of...
Be very frank. Tell us whether you're happy with the quality of education you get in your college. What's right & what's wrong. PS: Do not post your college name,...
college life is full of joys and sorrows . every one has some great non forgotten-able moments which when came to your mind you will have a different kind of...
So, throughout your college - you were either a front bencher or a back bencher ๐Ÿ˜ Vote on the poll and tell us something more about your experiences as front...
I see lot of engineering students visit CE searching for summer internships on the Internet. Do you think summer internships are necessary?