Should not relevance play a role in the discussions on CE?

Of late there are many queries on recovering energy from ambient sources like vehicle speed breakers,vehicles traversing level roads etc. Excluding the blatantly perpetual motion based schemes, most of the rest will go to increase fuel consumption ultimately. Some of them can even be hazardous.

While it may be entertaining to speculate, should we also point out some of these issues?

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Yes wind energy is sometimes less explored. The speeds can accelerate to great extends in all sorts of vehicles. Why can't miniature wind farms a.k.a wind mills be set up on vehicles??? Of course such a design would require fan blades, but i think the automobile designers can try something out. A car could be designed in such a way that it's doors and sides carry miniature rotating fans or blades that rotate with the speeds. For this a coating of some "breathable material" can be used to cover over the blades. Even hard plastics can prove to be good wind blades.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

heya all, :bighug: i bumped onto this website today and i wonder why i didn't come across carzyengineers earlier 😔......guess its Destiny! As the saying goes, "Better late than never!"...
Hai Folks, CE is a place packed with thinkers. I'm sure some of you must have tried creating new words. Why don't we all try and add new words to...
Hi guys.. what's up??? 😛 I have few queries guys.. hope you all help me.. 1) How to fetch call for PI/GD..?? Means they will check only CAT score or...
hello everybody, first of all let you know that recently nokia intelligent mobile packet core solution has been selected by five mobile operator in india.that is bharti airtel,datacom ,tata cellular,tata...