Should I use Python 2 or Python 3 for my learning activity?

They say which Python version you ought to use is mostly dependent on what you want to get done.

There's a few downsides to Python 3.x such as comparatively limited library support and the fact that most current Linux distributions and Macs are still using 2.x as default.

What do you suggest?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    I feel its better to use the one which is already standard for learniing experience, givne the fact that Beta versions or the newer versions are bug prone and learners don't end up getting confused by constant updates
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Some good news: Most operating systems other than Windows already have Python installed by default.

I am working on Mac OS X.

Check: #-Link-Snipped-#

To check that Python is installed, open a command line (typically by running the "Terminal" program), and cd to the google-python-exercises directory. Try the following to run the hello.py program (what you type is shown in bold):

~/google-python-exercises$ python hello.py
    Hello World

~/google-python-exercises$ python hello.py Alice
    Hello Alice
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I prefer Python 2.x because of its widest support for libs and also many systems are equipped with it... The system with later versions have also backward compatibility by using 2.x, 😀 so it is better to use 2.x than to use 3.x. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Get introduced to Production of Screw Threads Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof. A. B. Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss and ask...
Lecture Series on "Gear Manufacturing" explained. Manufacturing Processes II by Prof. A. B. Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss and ask questions.
Mechanical engineering video lecture on Jigs and Fixtures For Machine Shops Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof. A. B. Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free...
Discuss Design and Applications of Jigs and Fixtures - Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof. A. B. Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss...
Take a moment to understand non traditional manufacturing processes. Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof. S. Paul, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss and...