Should I take a drop this year?

sir please help me in taking my decision weather i should drop this year or not my ranks are as follows iit rank 14493 , aieee rank 10178 , bitsat marks 288 , class 12 cbse english 95 , physics 95 , maths 95 , chemistry 95 , physical education 92.........i desperately want a very good college and i m ready to work hard but please help me 😐

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    poojag
    sir please help me in taking my decision weather i should drop this year or not my ranks are as follows iit rank 14493 , aieee rank 10178 , bitsat marks 288 , class 12 cbse english 95 , physics 95 , maths 95 , chemistry 95 , physical education 92.........i desperately want a very good college and i m ready to work hard but please help me 😐
    I think with those ranks, you will get a very good college. If you are aiming for IIT then you must drop and work really hard. But as you will get NIT easily by that aieee rank, you must go for it and not drop as it will cause an year gap in education
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    IF counselling has already started go for it, choose your college depending on the rating on the subject of your interest. If you get in the list you prepare go for it , if not wait.

Why do you want to join a good college? is it for placements or something?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If you are thinking of placement only then go with any college. gain knowledge as much as you can and join any company drop of one year may give you chance for good college but its result you can't predict so their is risk factor.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    These days the college is less important than the student's work. You have shown good capability with your CBSE grades. It is in you to do well in any college if you so want.
    I would hesitate to drop a year. For what? You can even add an extra qualification in that year after your college.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd strongly agree with bioramani. There's no point in taking a drop just to get a good engineering college. I'd rather look for the best college I can get for the engineering discipline of my choice. Go for the engineering discipline that you like. Ultimately, from where you graduated won't matter (and there are tons of examples of engineers graduated from no-name college and yet they did extremely well in their lives).
  • Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    Score is not bad. You would still get the top colleges. Do not take a drop and risk your chances. You are ready to work hard, and u sure must have worked hard for two years.

Get the best college for your score, and do not settle for less in Engineering.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My name is Babatunde Folorunsho, a student of the Electrical/Electronics department Bells University of Technology Otta Ogun state Nigeria
Name: Arthur Wyss *Engineering Trade: Electrical Engineer Location: Suzhou (苏州), Jiangsu Province, China (PRC) Longitude: 120° 36' 54.4021". Latitude: N 31° 18.544182'. *Occupation: Engineer Work Experience: Six years working in...
The city of Suzhou is one of the richest and most famous cities in China, known for its beauty and cleanliness. It is near Shanghai. The city government is supporting...
i want to know whether it is possible for a student or a group of students to start a project on live telecast system, and if possible suggest a few...
Hey, I am currently into my last year of Computer Science and Engg. I am having a mega project this year and am not finding any good topics to prepare...