Should I switch to Infy from Wipro?

Hello seniors,
I have a situation here. I was placed in Wipro & Infosys during the campus placements drive in my college. I was prepared to join Infosys, but they postponed our date of joining (my updated DOJ is 21-April-2012). So I joined Wipro on 3-Dec-2012; the department I got is Business Process Management (BPM).
I have heared that the fresher-training at Infosys in their Mysore campus has a very good value. So I was thinking whether I should leave Wipro on April after giving them the bond amount of Rs.75000, and join Infosys. This way I will not loose this 4 months of job experience (i.e. Dec-March).
But I am in dilemma whether I should do this as Rs.75000 is not a less amount. Does getting trained from Infosys worth Rs.75000? Furthermore, I would like to add that I am planning to do MBA after 2 years of experience.
Seniors please guide me.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You still have some time to decide. I'm quite sure WIPRO will also train you on various technologies and in the next 3 months - you'll have ample time to figure out what type of future holds for you in your current company.

I'm not sure how good a decision it will be to join Infosys only for 'training'. 4 months of job experience does not count. In fact, if you show that you broke your bond with Wipro - it's going to look 'bad'. If I were you and had made up my mind to join Infosys, I'd start afresh.

It's too early to decide. Spend a month or two in your current company, talk to seniors in Wipro (about the growth options, kind of job, roles & responsibilities etc.) and see if BPM looks interesting. If you don't, you can easily join Infosys and start there. You're in a win-win situation any way. Rs. 75000 isn't much if you look at the choice you have and the overall impact it will have on your career.

So the advice is - wait, keep your eyes open & learn. Let's talk about this about a month later so that we can hear your opinion and help you make a better decision.
  • raj8b
    raj8b
    The_Big_K
    You still have some time to decide. I'm quite sure WIPRO will also train you on various technologies and in the next 3 months - you'll have ample time to figure out what type of future holds for you in your current company.

I'm not sure how good a decision it will be to join Infosys only for 'training'. 4 months of job experience does not count. In fact, if you show that you broke your bond with Wipro - it's going to look 'bad'. If I were you and had made up my mind to join Infosys, I'd start afresh.

It's too early to decide. Spend a month or two in your current company, talk to seniors in Wipro (about the growth options, kind of job, roles & responsibilities etc.) and see if BPM looks interesting. If you don't, you can easily join Infosys and start there. You're in a win-win situation any way. Rs. 75000 isn't much if you look at the choice you have and the overall impact it will have on your career.

So the advice is - wait, keep your eyes open & learn. Let's talk about this about a month later so that we can hear your opinion and help you make a better decision.
    Thanks a lot for help sir.

Sir, I did not get the meaning of "4 months of job experience does not count". Could you please elaborate?
    Sir, I have heared that Infosys training at Mysore increases your brand value. Is it true?
    Moreover, if I join Infosys after resigning from Wipro, will Infosys create any problem for me during their joining procedure, as technically I will no more be a fresh graduate?

Regards
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    See, breaking a bond is never advised. 4 months of 'work experience' won't count as a 'work experience' because there's no significant on the job learning during that time. If you've decided to join Infosys, better not to tell them about your Wipro joining. Join as a 'fresher'.

There's no such thing as a 'brand value'. Your are judged not by the company for which you worked for - but the knowledge that you have, and the real knowledge and learning comes from self-study.

If you tell Infosys that you've worked with WIPRO and broke the bond you signed with them, then it's not going to create a good impression for sure. Basically, in the industry < 2 years of experience won't really count as 'experience' at a fresher level.
  • raj8b
    raj8b
    The_Big_K
    See, breaking a bond is never advised. 4 months of 'work experience' won't count as a 'work experience' because there's no significant on the job learning during that time. If you've decided to join Infosys, better not to tell them about your Wipro joining. Join as a 'fresher'.

There's no such thing as a 'brand value'. Your are judged not by the company for which you worked for - but the knowledge that you have, and the real knowledge and learning comes from self-study.

If you tell Infosys that you've worked with WIPRO and broke the bond you signed with them, then it's not going to create a good impression for sure. Basically, in the industry < 2 years of experience won't really count as 'experience' at a fresher level.
    I got your point, sir. But I have also heared that if I leave Wipro, they will update my NSR (NASSCOM) profile saying that I have left it before the bond period. Is this true? If this happens Infy will automatically come to know about my joining Wipro, right? (Both Wipro & Infy had made it compulsory to register in NSR before joining)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not aware of the NSR registration whether it can be used to track your employment details. As I said, wait for a few days before you take a decision.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi... I needed some help with my OS project.. The topic is IMPLEMENTATION OF HASHED AND INVERTED PAGE TABLES USING C.. Basically I need to have a process with a...
In 2002, The game that gave whole different shape to GTA franchise with its Open world feature, Grand Theft Auto Vice City has been released for iOS. It has all...
hey i just heard about the POWER PCB software from PAD. Has anybody used it before? If yes i would appreciate a short review of how the software is. Is...
What will happen when inductance is placed in dc and ac supply?
'- x - = +' '+ x + = +' '- x + = -' '+ x - = -' but how do we get this, the proof..?😉😐