CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@raj8b • 06 Dec, 2012
Hello seniors,
I have a situation here. I was placed in Wipro & Infosys during the campus placements drive in my college. I was prepared to join Infosys, but they postponed our date of joining (my updated DOJ is 21-April-2012). So I joined Wipro on 3-Dec-2012; the department I got is Business Process Management (BPM).
I have heared that the fresher-training at Infosys in their Mysore campus has a very good value. So I was thinking whether I should leave Wipro on April after giving them the bond amount of Rs.75000, and join Infosys. This way I will not loose this 4 months of job experience (i.e. Dec-March).
But I am in dilemma whether I should do this as Rs.75000 is not a less amount. Does getting trained from Infosys worth Rs.75000? Furthermore, I would like to add that I am planning to do MBA after 2 years of experience.
Seniors please guide me.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 06 Dec, 2012 • 1 like You still have some time to decide. I'm quite sure WIPRO will also train you on various technologies and in the next 3 months - you'll have ample time to figure out what type of future holds for you in your current company.

I'm not sure how good a decision it will be to join Infosys only for 'training'. 4 months of job experience does not count. In fact, if you show that you broke your bond with Wipro - it's going to look 'bad'. If I were you and had made up my mind to join Infosys, I'd start afresh.

It's too early to decide. Spend a month or two in your current company, talk to seniors in Wipro (about the growth options, kind of job, roles & responsibilities etc.) and see if BPM looks interesting. If you don't, you can easily join Infosys and start there. You're in a win-win situation any way. Rs. 75000 isn't much if you look at the choice you have and the overall impact it will have on your career.

So the advice is - wait, keep your eyes open & learn. Let's talk about this about a month later so that we can hear your opinion and help you make a better decision.
@raj8b • 06 Dec, 2012
The_Big_K
You still have some time to decide. I'm quite sure WIPRO will also train you on various technologies and in the next 3 months - you'll have ample time to figure out what type of future holds for you in your current company.

I'm not sure how good a decision it will be to join Infosys only for 'training'. 4 months of job experience does not count. In fact, if you show that you broke your bond with Wipro - it's going to look 'bad'. If I were you and had made up my mind to join Infosys, I'd start afresh.

It's too early to decide. Spend a month or two in your current company, talk to seniors in Wipro (about the growth options, kind of job, roles & responsibilities etc.) and see if BPM looks interesting. If you don't, you can easily join Infosys and start there. You're in a win-win situation any way. Rs. 75000 isn't much if you look at the choice you have and the overall impact it will have on your career.

So the advice is - wait, keep your eyes open & learn. Let's talk about this about a month later so that we can hear your opinion and help you make a better decision.
Thanks a lot for help sir.

Sir, I did not get the meaning of "4 months of job experience does not count". Could you please elaborate?
Sir, I have heared that Infosys training at Mysore increases your brand value. Is it true?
Moreover, if I join Infosys after resigning from Wipro, will Infosys create any problem for me during their joining procedure, as technically I will no more be a fresh graduate?

Regards
@Kaustubh Katdare • 06 Dec, 2012 • 1 like See, breaking a bond is never advised. 4 months of 'work experience' won't count as a 'work experience' because there's no significant on the job learning during that time. If you've decided to join Infosys, better not to tell them about your Wipro joining. Join as a 'fresher'.

There's no such thing as a 'brand value'. Your are judged not by the company for which you worked for - but the knowledge that you have, and the real knowledge and learning comes from self-study.

If you tell Infosys that you've worked with WIPRO and broke the bond you signed with them, then it's not going to create a good impression for sure. Basically, in the industry < 2 years of experience won't really count as 'experience' at a fresher level.
@raj8b • 06 Dec, 2012
The_Big_K
See, breaking a bond is never advised. 4 months of 'work experience' won't count as a 'work experience' because there's no significant on the job learning during that time. If you've decided to join Infosys, better not to tell them about your Wipro joining. Join as a 'fresher'.

There's no such thing as a 'brand value'. Your are judged not by the company for which you worked for - but the knowledge that you have, and the real knowledge and learning comes from self-study.

If you tell Infosys that you've worked with WIPRO and broke the bond you signed with them, then it's not going to create a good impression for sure. Basically, in the industry < 2 years of experience won't really count as 'experience' at a fresher level.
I got your point, sir. But I have also heared that if I leave Wipro, they will update my NSR (NASSCOM) profile saying that I have left it before the bond period. Is this true? If this happens Infy will automatically come to know about my joining Wipro, right? (Both Wipro & Infy had made it compulsory to register in NSR before joining)
@Kaustubh Katdare • 06 Dec, 2012 I'm not aware of the NSR registration whether it can be used to track your employment details. As I said, wait for a few days before you take a decision.
4.1k views

Related Posts

@fireball · Jun 24, 2009

Hi rocking folks.... I have an idea to develop a product which is useful to put mehndi automatically according to the design we wish. And i don't know if anything...
11.7k views

@RVignesh · Feb 7, 2012

there are dictionary problems like if the word sachin is to be arranged in a dictionary what is its value. By usual method it can be done but some times...
6.4k views

@rengaraj · Dec 4, 2009

Sir / madam, My question is What is the minimum value of char type. Select the one correct answer. a. 0 b. -215 c. -28 d. -215-1 Advance Thanks, R.Rengaraj...
4.3k views

@parkworldICE · Nov 28, 2012

I'm Currently a 5th year student taking up BS Instrumentation and Control Engineering, for those who have good ideas of topic about instrumentation and control, kindly post your ideas in...
8.4k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 3, 2006

So you always envied your colleague who types without looking at the keyboard? You always thought life would have been much better if you had joined a typing class. You...
15.7k views