Should Every Currency Have Unique Symbol?

US Dollar has it.
Japanese Yen has it.
European Euro has it.
Indian Rupee will soon have it.

When Europe adopted 'Euro', the cost of implementation of the symbol was nearly $50 billion. I wonder whether it is necessary for any currency to have a unique identifiable symbol? What is your opinion?

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Yes Ofcourse! Every currency should have an unique identifiable symbol. It is for identification.
    For example, Every country has their own Flag; Its unique.
    So, My opinion is to have an unique symbol for every currency is necessary.

Please correct me if anything is wrong.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I suppose its relative to the economic influence the country has in the world market. Though, I'm pretty satisfied with Malaysia's "RM" symbol. As long as the currency is stable 😀
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    sahithi pallavi
    Yes Ofcourse! Every currency should have an unique identifiable symbol. It is for identification.
    For example, Every country has their own Flag; Its unique.
    So, My opinion is to have an unique symbol for every currency is necessary.

Please correct me if anything is wrong.
    I too second you Sahithi , it should be different!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    'Dollar' is used by US of A, AUSTRALIA, SINGAPORE ( limited to my knowledge) all are represented by '$', but called Australian Dollar, Singaporean Dollar etc. Similarly 'Rupee' is used in INDIA, PAKISTAN, BANGLADESH ( correct me here) and I don't think we should have any confusion in calling out country's name while mentioning a currency or while writing INR, AUD, USD etc..By the way I think EURO implementation costed more as they tried to implement equal currency across whole of Europe right? But thats not the same in Asia, so implementation costs here might be a little less.

Saying all that, I say its just waste of money and effort. May be we should concentrate on much 'bigger' issues than doing façade level changes
  • manishks
    manishks
    i think its a way to establish your unique identity(of country) in this competitive economic world. For india having an identity in economic field is not much required as india has already left its print on the economic world.

its like leaving a first impression on the world economy!!!!!!

it represents your power!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Free time work for free people.
    I think ,at least Indian ministers should better concentrate on reducing the inflation rate rather than concentrating on making rupee symbol unique .It will remain unique even if it has no unique symbol no one is going to give 45dollars for 1 rupee.😉
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    We are spending lots of money for lots of things.
    Unique symbol will gives country a special identity in the world.
  • kamal_kj5
    kamal_kj5
    of course it's good 2 have a Unique identity,but I recommend a common market.How does the world advance if one nation fights with the other to prove it's or protect it's wealth.I strongly recommend a common government system,common currency and a common military,this way,no war no conflict ,no poor nations,no terrorism,no racism,and ultimate life for people,all around.Doesn't it sound grt????????????????????
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Kamal: It's human nature that we play games like "mine is better than yours". Even kids play it, you see 😀
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    @ kamal:
    you are making things limited. I mean to say that if we make every thing common then there will be no question of competition.but i think competition is very good for learning new things and as our sir said that its a human nature it is very true. competition may be in the form of war or fight.
  • kamal_kj5
    kamal_kj5
    @BigK😲f course I know its the competition that helps us grow,but,is it justifiable that people's lives to stake for the very thing we created?competition helps us,but in some cases like the currency flow(monetary flow),arm race,per capita income etc.,its hazardous.I consider even nationality to be a reason for world conflicts.everybody's dreaming for rupee to replace dollar,but if that happens,the conditions in India will become worst for the low-earning people.So,I suggest a common symbol and value for money all over the world., :sshhh:
  • kamal_kj5
    kamal_kj5
    @sushanth: as you said,I too entertain competition,but,it depends.Actually I love war and conflict,but it would do no good.As Gandhi ji said-"Peace is the best strategy of war,because,war does much bad than good,whereas peace does nothing but win all"(I am not a Gandhian,but for the time sake,I've used his statement).,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I wish our CEan SAFWAN a Very Very Happy Birthday. 😁 Many More Happy Returns of the Day ! Enjoy your Birthday. 🎉 :myparty::myparty: 🎉 PS : Where are you...
Hi all, I've just completed B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics. I dont know what should i do nxt.. I mean, at first i'd an idea to go for daily wages...
Our goal is to come up with a table/graph showing the approximate heat transfer coefficients (HTC) of AISI 52100 steel in Chevron Quenching Oil 70 or E.F. Houghton Quench-G. We...
We have seen that some word verifications will appears while signing up in to accounts or while messaging. The text code appears will be very simple and easy to understand....
I will b doing btech in computer science. i just wanted to know if knowledge of visual basic is going to help? i studied oracle and visual basic in +2....