Should Edward Snowden be nominated for Nobel Peace Prize?

Edward Snowden, the NSA whistel blower who's currently under Russia's protection has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by a Norwegian minister. The argument goes like this: Snowden helped exposed the spying by nations or other nations and people. It has helped people how their governments function and has made people rethink about their trust in their own governments; and that's the fundamental requirement for peace.

On the other hand, USA's viewpoint is totally different. It sees Mr. Snowden as someone who's responsible for leaking out the information that shouldn't have leaked; and is not happy about it.

Whether America influences the Nobel Prize winners or not is a different question. But this debate is all about whether Mr. Snowden should be nominated for Nobel Prize or Not?

Express your views.

Replies

• Abhijit Dey
    Abhijit Dey
    Snowden did a remarkable thing which needs a lot of courage and heart to accomplish. Though according to me, the Nobel Peace Prize doesn't ring with the same tune as to what he executed. Nobel Peace Prize is for someone who strives and works hard for peace and not anti-war.

I think Snowden deserved to be named as TIME magazine's Person Of The Year.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Great topic for debate!
    Abhijit Dey
    I think Snowden deserved to be named as TIME magazine's Person Of The Year.
    He was nominated for that too. Pope Francis bagged it though. 👀
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Though Snowden did show different face of US to the world and has got good attention worldwide, I feel Nobel Peace Prize would be too much for him.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to a report published in Korea Times, Samsung is planning to unveil its smart eyewear to compete with Google Glass. A Samsung official who wished to remain anonymous has...
I have showcased Ubuntu Web Browser in Ubuntu 14.04 which shows convergence in video below. It's just 2 minute long, take a look.
Recentl I started a blogspot.In that I dont how to categorize the blog like home, downloads,contact us like that.Can any one help me step by step process or by screenshots....
Yesterday author, Amish Tripathi, of one of the best seller, Shiva Triology , that 1st installment of this series, Immortal of Mehula, is brought by one of the production house...
Hero MotoCorp India has unveiled a new concept bike nicknamed 'Hero RNT' that is powered by a diesel engine. The new scooter from Hero was unveiled at an event with...