Should boxing be banned?

Boxing, the physical skill of fighting with fists, originated as a sport around 800BC. It is a sport of antiquity that has had a troubled and contentious livelihood. Despite a tightening of safety regulations, neurological and non-neurological injuries have continued with this sport. Most medical associations have policies against boxing, including the World Medical Association and the national bodies of the USA, Britain and Australia.

Unlike in any other sport, boxers intend to physically injure their opponents by knockout. Allowing people to intentionally inflict injuries upon others for public entertainment and private profit is barbaric. Children especially are trained in these ways. When boxers turn professional, they have often already fought in at least 50 fights in their youth, which does not include the countless rounds of sparring during training sessions. Boxers are essentially being trained in violent ways, often at a young age.

Is this game, one of the reason to increases violence in children?

Share your opinion

Replies

• aravindharaj
    aravindharaj
    aarthivg
    Boxing, the physical skill of fighting with fists, originated as a sport around 800BC. It is a sport of antiquity that has had a troubled and contentious livelihood. Despite a tightening of safety regulations, neurological and non-neurological injuries have continued with this sport. Most medical associations have policies against boxing, including the World Medical Association and the national bodies of the USA, Britain and Australia.

Unlike in any other sport, boxers intend to physically injure their opponents by knockout. Allowing people to intentionally inflict injuries upon others for public entertainment and private profit is barbaric. Children especially are trained in these ways. When boxers turn professional, they have often already fought in at least 50 fights in their youth, which does not include the countless rounds of sparring during training sessions. Boxers are essentially being trained in violent ways, often at a young age.

Is this game, one of the reason to increases violence in children?
    Share your opinion
    Not only the boxing, more outdoor games have this same problem. Then what you think about rugby, kabbadi, football, hockey and more. These games also the reason for increasing violence. Indians are the continues world champs in kabbadi also we have expecting the olympic medals in boxing category only.If violence is the only reason to banned boxing means, we have banned all other outdoor games.
  • sridhar4362
    sridhar4362
    Hello sir,
    I am a boxer and as a boxer i tell only one thing .The first thing our coach tells us that we must not use this skills other than ring,we also does not share our skills and we also take pledge.When coming to the sport it is a very good in making us mentally strong .I feel we know the pain so we don't wont to hurt others just for public entertainment.IN our training we develop lot's of patience so mainly it depends on the individual how u use the sport.👍
    Game does not infulence to increase the violence in children it depend on the society he brought up and it depends on his background.😀
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    aravindharaj
    Not only the boxing, more outdoor games have this same problem. Then what you think about rugby, kabbadi, football, hockey and more. These games also the reason for increasing violence. Indians are the continues world champs in kabbadi also we have expecting the olympic medals in boxing category only.If violence is the only reason to banned boxing means, we have banned all other outdoor games.
    I don't think so, football or hockey is not a game to hit the opponent and win the match.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    sridhar4362
    Hello sir,
    I am a boxer and as a boxer i tell only one thing .The first thing our coach tells us that we must not use this skills other than ring,we also does not share our skills and we also take pledge.
    Good to know about it. But do you think every one follows it.
    sridhar4362
    Hello sir,
    I feel we know the pain so we don't wont to hurt others just for public entertainment.
    player's may not play the game for entertainment, but people watch it for entertainment only
  • sridhar4362
    sridhar4362
    player's outside they are also part of the the people .So as part of the people i does not encourage this kind of entertainment.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    sridhar4362
    player's outside they are also part of the the people .So as part of the people i does not encourage this kind of entertainment.
    This is your thoughts and you are implementing it has a boxer. But this really happens in this world?
  • sridhar4362
    sridhar4362
    So it our responsibility to change the people attitude and their way of thinking .
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    sridhar4362
    When coming to the sport it is a very good in making us mentally strong .I feel we know the pain so we don't wont to hurt others just for public entertainment.IN our training we develop lot's of patience so mainly it depends on the individual how u use the sport.👍
    I truly accept these words. Recently I have read about boxing, girls in Chennai are showing a lot of interest in boxing, to improve their physical fitness and mental strength.
  • aravindharaj
    aravindharaj
    aarthivg
    I don't think so, football or hockey is not a game to hit the opponent and win the match.
    in this euro12 david villa not playing for spain coz of his injury, it might be a planned 1. I think you know why the umpire always using yellow and red cards in match times. Also in hockey we have seen many times blood injuries(mostly in ind vs pak matches), here also they are using yellow and red cards. Just check youtube you can get more videos.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    aravindharaj
    in this euro12 david villa not playing for spain coz of his injury, it might be a planned 1. I think you know why the umpire always using yellow and red cards in match times. Also in hockey we have seen many times blood injuries(mostly in ind vs pak matches), here also they are using yellow and red cards. Just check youtube you can get more videos.
    In football, yellow and red cards are given if a player hits the other player. But in boxing, If you hit the other person only you will get scores. Hockey or football is entirely different from boxing.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is my personal opinion that it is a barbarous sport, skillful maybe, yet barbarous. I never watch it.
    It has many hazards. It should be banned.
    Star-News - Google News Archive Search
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Boxing is basically a showoff of strength and skill through fighting. I've never followed it and the same goes with WWF fights. I've grown up with friends who'd keep track of all the fights.

Should it be banned: My vote would go to 'Yes'.
  • aravindharaj
    aravindharaj
    aarthivg
    In football, yellow and red cards are given if a player hits the other player. But in boxing, If you hit the other person only you will get scores. Hockey or football is entirely different from boxing.
    in every match they using those cards thats what i wanna say. In boxing the main thing is to be hit each others inside the ring , but in other games like you said football and hockey the main thing is to be put goals but in every match some of them getting yellow and red cards for their VIOLENCE inside the field. In my point of view all games helps to increasing brutal and mind strength of men. If we banned a game for a particular reason we can find drawbacks in each and every games, so we have to take game as a GAME.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi... I hv completed 2 years as an electrical engineer at IIT Roorkee...plz suggest some topics for project, ideas, sources from whr i can get awsome project ideas
Hello everyone I would like to know what kind of information is needed as an input to afgrow to analyse the crack growth rate and prediction. I am in a...
Hello everyone I would like to know the names of some software that models cracks and fractures and predict their propagation
how can we pass the string..what is the prototype of the function..please help me
First, I might be totally wrong. My conclusion is based on the general observation about the percentage of women in entrepreneur meetups, startups etc. The situation is more or less...