Should Athletes Be Allowed To Take Drugs ?

Recently, among the top sprinters of the world,Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell were found 'positive' in dope-test. There's many controversial debate already been going since last one decade watching that the number of athletes been involved in the intake of "performance enhancing drugs" are increasing.

Do you think that 'performing enchancing dope" should be allowed in the sports world ?
What's your take on this debate, CEans ?

Replies

• pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    Surely it should not be allowed.Sports world should rely completely on the talents of the sports person alone and not on the drugs.By allowing the drugs the true talents will be buried.Many sports persons who are really talented will not get their benefits.So in my view it should be prohibited strictly.
  • mail154
    mail154
    No..Shouldn't Be
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Well,don't jump on conclusion frequently.Read some articles on internet.Analyse the Pros & Cons and then reply 😀
  • mail154
    mail154
    Never On Conclusion Directly... Conclusion is a result of systematic Process
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    mail154
    Never On Conclusion Directly... Conclusion is a result of systematic Process
    Then elaborate ?
  • mail154
    mail154
    Sports should be taken as Sports,there should nothing be more than that. rules are there to ensure fair play. Really talented persons would suffer due to these things..Say you are conducting an exam..there would be people get caught copying and those numbers may increase day by day..so would you allow copying in exams? i know someone would argue that topic is only on sports..ok and it should be a platform to exhibit every one's talent. the winner and loser shake hands and have a friendly talk after the game gets over,whether a individual or team events..thats the true spirit of sportsmanship..a fair play is essential..if it was allowed, then public interest would gradually decrease and also it has proved to make adverse side effects on the person who take that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An Intel Developer, Sarah Sharp wrote her first message in the mailing list pointing on Linus Torvalds to stop using foul language. THIS IS WORTH A READ ! Sarah's mail-list...
Hello fellow CEans..!! 😁 I am Mehak Rajkhokar, it's really great to be here... an excellent place for all the Engineers.. I am about to join an IT company in...
We know that Biogas is pollution-free gas which is still being used in rural areas for cooking & other household activities. The CNGs & LPGs are used for in Vehicles,...
Is it possible to get a power from friction?
If I Want to Appear for GATE 3-4 Years Later..How Should I Prepare for it without knowing that year syllabus? And Also There may be a change both at minor...