Should all employees be treated equally?

Alright, after reading the following post, let me know if you have a better title.

Lot of you might have noticed - companies do not treat all employees equally. Your current rank in the hierarchy decides what benefits/perks you get.

This difference is noticeable when you travel for your work. The executives may fly business class but the employees fly economy class. The seniors/executives stay in five star hotels and the juniors stay in 3 star or no-star hotels (may not apply to everyone).

Do you think its the right way to treat employees? Or should company treat each of its employee equally?

What is your opinion?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I think that the company should treat all employees equally. Ideally that's what every company wants I think. There's a discrepancy because of budget constraints, may be. Thinking the other way around, if the executives are ready to fly economy class and stay in 3 star hotels, the problem is solved.

May be some day when I start a company, I'll treat everyone alike.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I think that the company should treat all employees equally. Ideally that's what every company wants I think. There's a discrepancy because of budget constraints, may be. Thinking the other way around, if the executives are ready to fly economy class and stay in 3 star hotels, the problem is solved.

May be some day when I start a company, I'll treat everyone alike.😁
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    No I dont think so,since every employee has varaible importance,but definately every employee should be given his due in all including respect!!!
  • Neha
    Neha
    Every employee has a different role to play in a company, and so should be the benefits. Depending on the input and performance of a particular employee should the benefits be decided.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Peoples having ingenious thinking and delegating character,have to be treated better than others...Peoples must be treated according to their role...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    People in some rules must be treated equally otherwise people treat others depending upon their role and position 😎
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    every position demands respect derserving for that position!!!!! but not equal respect for everyone
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I'm sure by equal or unequal treating we do not mean behavioral changes towards the employees. All are equals on the personal front.

Rest, employees should be treated as per their merit and skills.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: IBM Research | Ponder This | January 2009 challenges Consider the following game. You have an opportunity to buy lottery tickets. Each ticket has a value t randomly and...
I've noticed quite a few of our members entering 'agriculture' in their engineering trade section of profile. I wish to know more about agricultural engineering and its scope. Can anyone...
CEans, Those who are looking for IIT-D's Summer Research Fellowship Program '09 Form, please head over to - https://www.iitd.ac.in/admission/ApplnSRFP 2008.pdf All the best!
LET YOUR HEART BE IN PEACE Hi, sir, At how many RPM will a two wheeler engine shaft rotate? especially for tvs moped bikes??????
hi ,i m in 2nd year of electronics communication engineering,i m lookin forward for a project that is practical in nature as welll as feasible.can someone suggest me a project...