Should abortion to be made illegal?

I am studying "Freakonomics" by Steven Levitt in which he states that legalization of abortion in America has a major role in curbing crime and it had decreased homicides, rape, burglary, etc and he states that when a child is born where the parent is not able to grow the child or she may be a teenager or financial problems.The child is having a higher percentage of growing to a criminal when compared to a normal child. We all know that abortion is legalized in India but anyone out here has a different thought on this topic of "Abortion". I am against it (excluding the times where the women is being raped/health issues/financial problems ) because it also had a dark side which we forget to investigate where parents tend to abort the child if it was a female child and note that people tend to take it easy on contraceptive methods such as condems and they abort the child for their own desire and pleasure.

pOst your view on abortion and India's take on it.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Afaik, Abortion is not illegal in India, it's girl foeticide which is illegal.(and that should be!)
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Wow. Talk about a hot-button issue. In some circles this would cause a riot.

I had been intending to read "Freakonomics", but haven't gotten to it. I didn't know he made such a ghoulish argument. I agree with you.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    KenJackson
    Wow. Talk about a hot-button issue. In some circles this would cause a riot.

I had been intending to read "Freakonomics", but haven't gotten to it. I didn't know he made such a ghoulish argument. I agree with you.
    Also note that freakonomics author had convinced me somewhere and he had given a statistic report to prove it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is working mechanism of the diwali gun pls explain me how its happening simultaneously
I was browsing through SnapDeal.com when I found out about www.reglobe.in where you can buy and sell used gadgets. ReGlobe.in comes with a tagline 'choose to reuse'. Sounds like a...
I had been using my laptop for the past four years and its good to have a touchpad other than a mouse as it offers more ease on working and...
Scientists from VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland have come up with an innovative solution to make transferring files between various gadgets easier. Making use of a ring, nail or...
Next month, on November 26th; CrazyEngineers will celebrate its 8th anniversary. We've been celebrating the CE day as 'CrazyEngineers Day' 😀. In the past, we had organized, quiz competitions; online...