short term courses for cs students

hiiii
i would like to know about various courses which a 3rd year computer science student can pursue during summer vacations...like php,sap,python,c#..and so on are some of the targets but tell me some which are really beneficial and in demand..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    neha1
    hiiii
    i would like to know about various courses which a 3rd year computer science student can pursue during summer vacations...like php,sap,python,c#..and so on are some of the targets but tell me some which are really beneficial and in demand..
    You can take up any course as long as you find it interesting. The options you've mentioned are very different from each other. Each course will prepare you for different skill. If you are interested in web technologies; you might want to take up PHP, HTML, CSS etc. If you are interested in scripting, Python/PERL could be your choice.

I'd rather advise you to refrain from joining any course. I personally believe that its waste of money. The best study is self-study. Get good book(s) and get started. That's the best learning you can have. It would be even better if you can take up a project on your own.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    If you want to complete some course in summer vacations then go for php its easy to learn and its really important in field of web designing(if you are interested)....
    Otherwise you can also go for .NET courses it will help you in building windows applications.
  • Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    The courses u mentioned are way too far to learn for a third year student..I totally agree with #-Link-Snipped-# in the fact that each skill set is different ....its not about how many languages you learn..its about perfection....In my opinion one need to be really good at data structures... at least getting to the basics in them!!!Apart from this if u are good at c then java will be pretty much easy to learn...so u need to be good with all the c concepts..
    if at all you are interested in web technologies...then you can opt for html and java script which is client side scripting languages..and you can go for phyton, php if intrested in server side languages..!!!
    if you want to learn database languages then oracle pl/sql will do it!! moreover they are open source...๐Ÿ˜
    JAVA (J2EE,J2SE) +c+DS+oracle= "you are awsum" for a third year student
    and ya you can proceed with the course of your choice but remember no matter how much theory u learn its not gonna help you in long term as much as coding does..so happy coding!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    Bala Krishna Ceeparseti
    neha1
    hiiii
    The courses u mentioned are way too far to learn for a third year student..I totally agree with #-Link-Snipped-# in the fact that each skill set is different ....its not about how many languages you learn..its about perfection....In my opinion one need to be really good at data structures... at least getting to the basics in them!!!Apart from this if u are good at c then java will be pretty much easy to learn...so u need to be good with all the c concepts..
    if at all you are interested in web technologies...then you can opt for html and java script which is client side scripting languages..and you can go for phyton, php if intrested in server side languages..!!!
    if you want to learn database languages then oracle pl/sql will do it!! moreover they are open source...๐Ÿ˜
    JAVA (J2EE,J2SE) +c+DS+oracle= "you are awsum" for a third year student
    and ya you can proceed with the course of your choice but remember no matter how much theory u learn its not gonna help you in long term as much as coding does..so happy coding!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've read that concrete will further harder for 40 to 50 years after it is poured. Does it need additional moisture to do this? - moisture in addition to the...
i am a student of engineering 3rd year of computer science in jaipur. as per our curriculam of engineering a 30 days industrial training is proposed during 12 may- 18...
Many Many Happy Returns Of The Day "gaurav.bhorkar" ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ Enjoy to the fullest.... :smile:
Sir, our college is planning to participate in the baja sae India competition which to be held next year. as we have to register this month so we are a...
I notice on the page for Forum.CE:Lounge.Chillax Chit-Chat that clicking on "Blogs" takes me back to the forum home page. It that the correct function? (I am using the 64...