Shipping Windows 7 without an email application - Good or Bad?

I recently came to know that the latest operating system from Microsoft, Windows 7 ships without a mail application [read Windows Mail]!

Now I've no clue why Microsoft decided to omit a mail application from their operating system. Emailing, I believe, is what almost everyone does on the Internet. It might be true that no one really uses Windows Mail application. But an operating system without an email system is just stupidity 😁

What's your take?

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    To meet shipping date.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    I don't totally agree with this. Windows 7 installation should include an Email Application

And also Microsoft will be shipping Windows 7 without a web browser in Europe.
    (Speaking to CNET.com, Microsoft's Brian Hall confirmed that Windows 7 would ship without the aforementioned built-in applications and instead offer users the option of downloading its Windows Live suite.)

@ MaRo :- Good One 😛
  • safwan
    safwan
    It might be their some business monopoly .
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Whoops !!!

May be they want to force people to buy a one, and want to earn additional income.. 😁
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This is more likely to satisfy with competitive regulations, allowing people to freely choose what email application to use rather than being imposed on using one.

This was a big issue in Europe since their anti-competitive laws are a lot more stricter, where Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player were deemed anti-competitive and should be removed to allow other software to compete freely.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I agree with ash's point. Maybe Microsoft doesn't want to risk another flurry of lawsuits against it!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I will be posting a short introduction about SolidWorks here. Until I do, here is an example of what it is capable of: Want to learn how to make this...
Hello and welcome in < removed by admin>....i am fairly new too but there is a lot of information related to ipod accessories, apple ipod accessory, bluetooth product, mac memory...
did u all guys have any idea ... this is one part of my project... what procedure i should do in matlab which can make matlab communicate with FTDI ?
Hello if you need some assistance to unlock your phones, just reply my thread ,maybe I can also help you how to unlock your precious phones, because even me experience...
I wonder if there will be any websites showing live video of the LCROSS projectile hitting the moon this Friday (USA 7:30 EST) morning. I suppose there will be lots...