Shell and Tube Evaporator Design

Dear all,

Its the first time that i am designing the shell and tube type evaporator and for this i have made an excel sheet for ease of calculations but i am not sure and content whether i have done right or wrong and for this i have attached my calculation sheet for you to check and comment if i am wrong any where. My design is based on the following information:

Refrigerant = R404
Capacity = 145 kW
Liquid = 23% concentrated sodium chloride solution
Liquid in= -9 deg. Centigrade
Liquid out = -10 deg. centigrade
flow = 141 cubic meter per hour
evaporating temp = -13 deg centigrade
condensing temp = 30 deg centigrade

I request this forum to check my sheet and comment as early as possible as i have to give my design to manufacturing deptt.

Thanks in advance.

As its my first post thats why i dont know how to attach files, so plz guide me to attach the files

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Haniyah, can you post a little more information about properties of refrigerant? For example what is its calorific value?

And post your calculation, let us check it 😀
  • haniyah
    haniyah
    ya i can but how can i attach files..... i dont know the way of attaching files......
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    From the limited data given the heat balance appears correct. However, the basis for determining the number of passes, heat transfer coefficients used and such are not known.

See here for how to attach files. You have to make a new post not quick reply. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • haniyah
    haniyah
    I started as a new post but moderator message me that after posting ten successive post u will automatically able to attach files.
  • haniyah
    haniyah
    Still waiting to get the rights from the moderator to attach the files

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Japanese are the people who have taken this world ahead in robotics. These are some of the innovative robots by Japanese people. [video=youtube;W3f6BOrD9Ek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3f6BOrD9Ek&feature=relmfu[/video]
Australian scientists are reportedly trying to make a bionic eye by 2020. They have gained sufficient momentum in it and are going to make it up fast and first too....
The technology does sound weird but it is a reality. Check out the bionic experiment. Feel free to add your opinion as to how this is possible. 😀 [video=youtube;ppILwXwsMng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppILwXwsMng[/video]
I've an iPad since last 4 months and I'm yet to figure out any 'real' use of the device, apart from using it for casual internet browsing. I'm wondering whether...
Hai friends, This is Nagaveni...i took GATE-2011 when i was in my third year..now i am in my final year ECE....my GATE score is 472 with AIR 6258, percentile is...