shear strength of break

hey, i m final year student of civil engineering.i want to ask you friends that have u any knowledge of shear strength of break.As the bricks are used in load bearing walls.so termoundous shear force is acting on it which break it in shear.so plz informe me if u have any knowlede that how can we improve its shear sttrength.hope you will answer me.😀

Replies

• Curious George
    Curious George
    The only thing that comes to my mind would be to insert a thinner rebar type reinforcement into the brick during production.
  • civiLLian
    civiLLian
    You can also use steel mesh and insert it into the brick. Or you can use additives into the brick depending what type of brick it is whether clay brick or concrete brick.
  • engr.khawar
    engr.khawar
    both of you friends good suggestion but it is then very uneconomical.if your ideas are used then more budget will be required.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If I have a 72 inch propeller I want to use to vertically lift something, how do I determine how many rpms I need to achieve each pound of thrust....
hello friends , i would like to know about the universities offering m.tech biotech around the globe and requirements to join those respective colleges ..if any one knows any info...
CEans, A group of engineering dudes & dudettes from NIT Suratkal have put up this video on YouTube. This video will make you smile, I bet! Check this out -...
Want help on ur project. Just post ur query. I will try my best in solving it.
I have a bigger problem now... , I'll have a jaw crusher and a balls mill for maintenance (they're new equipment) I'm not really a expertise about these ones.. I...