Share your views on cloud computing

Share your views on cloud computing. I would like to have a discussion here about this topic. 😁 Please share all that you know in this regard.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    optimystix@
    Share u r views on cloud computing
    I love cloud computing. It's helped us save thousands of bucks every month. 😀 I think there's lot of scope for cloud computing in future.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am using dropbox's cloud service and i can access my important datas anywhere anytime from my android.
    This shit is future,mate.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    WINDOWS 12 has promised to bring piracy down thanks to cloud computing
  • optimystix@
    optimystix@
    Cloud computing comes into focus only when you think about what IT always needs: a way to increase capacity or add capabilities on the fly without investing in new infrastructure
  • cloudpath
    cloudpath
    Cloud Computing is latest technology and it will surely help the SME.
  • varshiva
    varshiva
    hi guys

am fully confused with cloud computing..

i need best meaning of cloud computing in simple way
  • Umesh Kumar Rai
    Umesh Kumar Rai
    Cloud computing is a major shift from every perspective. From an individual to an small organization who can't afford to set up its own IT infrastructure, getting benefit of cloud computing. I have accounts in lot of cloud computing service providing companies like dropbox, Adrive, Amazon cloud drive, etc which is good enough for you and you can access your data from anywhere in the world. So its important for all of us and will be even more important in the future.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My opinion is that cloud comouting is still old wine in a new bottle with an attractive pricing making it affordable to everyone. The data is still stored and served from the servers but with a layer of virtualization. That means we basically are accessing lot of virtual servers as on powered by actual powerful servers (hardware). If I'm not mistaken, the technology has existed for quite some time now. It's been re branded as Cloud. Would love to hear thoughts on this.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    My opinion is that cloud comouting is still old wine in a new bottle with an attractive pricing making it affordable to everyone. The data is still stored and served from the servers but with a layer of virtualization. That means we basically are accessing lot of virtual servers as on powered by actual powerful servers (hardware). If I'm not mistaken, the technology has existed for quite some time now. It's been re branded as Cloud. Would love to hear thoughts on this.
    Hey Biggie If virtualising the server is incorporated then the client can get data from a base server through a proxy one right

What exactly does it do as I think the virtual server also has to be a fully functional one to support the entire load on it by proxy servers
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    I love this topic. Its very useful. It was my research topic in my last semester. If you want to know more about this topic use netapp.com Its very useful for you..
  • manishks
    manishks
    is this concept of virtual server similar to virtual memory?
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    Cloud computing in simple way means that providing computing as a facility to user rather than a product. for example Govt. provide us the facility of electricity and we pay for this facility. We don't need to make own specific setup(Hard-ware) for this facility.same as cloud computing means providing computing as facility. if u need a server to run an website or application u don't need to buy any hardware and software. all will be provided by company via remote access. you will only pay for this facility to the facility provider. In old days if you want to run some web based application then you need to buy lot of hardware/software like servers,routers, switches , firewall O.S etc. Now in cloud computing you just need internet connection and an user account of services provider , you just log in and access your server where you can install /uninstall softwares /applications virtually same as you do in your desktop.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    A fascinating Name given to "Business Logic and Web Services" by companies to fool their clients to re invest in technologies that have been existing since 1998. Do you remember Yahoo Briefcase?

This is a pure example of IT gimmick at it's best. You make virtual drives and service. Client Apps can get a key and communicate through web service. So client can be java, .Net, php and anything else.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Almost all of us refer to online reviews before purchasing anything. Be it a mobile phone or a car. Online reviews are supposed to be unbiased and offer 'true insight'....
hi guys i plan to charge low power battery while i pedal is it possible if yes do tell me how it can be brought about PS: prime concern lesser...
I bet all of you are aware of that funny, but yet antique gear shifter, present in scooters and autorickshaws. the shifter is present on the left hand side of...
wats d avg package n hwz is plcmnts in CDAC for pdDiploma???
The Gini coefficient measures the inequality among values of a frequency distribution (for example levels of income). A Gini coefficient of zero expresses perfect equality where all values are the...