Share Documentaries That Are Really Intriguing & Interesting

Over the period of time, watching Discovery and NatGeo on Television, I have become a great fan of documentaries. They are so well scripted and featured that they can arouse the interest of an ignorant person to the vast realities that exist around him/her in the universe. The documentaries are about unlocking the mysteries around us and answer the whys and hows that lay scattered everywhere.

With Youtube at our disposal and other major video content websites, we longer have to wait for the right show to appear on the TV.

Let's dedicate this thread to contribute the documentaries that we've watched and have left us spellbound, so that we don't miss out on what's happening out there.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    BBC - Everything and Nothing - Everything

Two-part documentary which deals with two of the deepest questions there are - what is everything, and what is nothing?

In two epic, surreal and mind-expanding films, Professor Jim Al-Khalili searches for an answer to these questions as he explores the true size and shape of the universe and delves into the amazing science behind apparent nothingness.

The first part, Everything, sees Professor Al-Khalili set out to discover what the universe might actually look like. The journey takes him from the distant past to the boundaries of the known universe. Along the way he charts the remarkable stories of the men and women who discovered the truth about the cosmos and investigates how our understanding of space has been shaped by both mathematics and astronomy.

[video=youtube;ryUYyhpqh68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryUYyhpqh68&feature=[/video]
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The second part, Nothing, explores science at the very limits of human perception, where we now understand the deepest mysteries of the universe lie. Jim sets out to answer one very simple question - what is nothing? His journey ends with perhaps the most profound insight about reality that humanity has ever made. Everything came from nothing. The quantum world of the super-small shaped the vast universe we inhabit today, and Jim can prove it.

[video=youtube;KQ15kFvUyJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ15kFvUyJg&feature=related[/video]

Don't miss these documentaries..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just done with watching the theory of 'Nothing'. Feels like I should give up on everything and retire to Himalays.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    And I felt really enlightened after watching both parts. I wonder how can we be so ignorant and look away from the great mysteries of the space around us.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    The videos are really long.. So didn't watch till now.

But I'll try to watch them today!! 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ss: They are also available on youtube in 4 parts each. Don't miss them.
    And do share if you have seen any other documentaries.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is something I found very interesting:

The Sagan Series

It's a 7 parts documentary namely:

1. The Frontier is Everywhere
    2. Life looks for Life
    3. A Reassuring Fable
    4. Per Aspera Ad Astra
    5. Decide To Listen
    6. End of an Era : The Final Shuttle Launch
    7. The Long Astronomical Perspective

Do check them out and post your reactions here. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hows the placements of bits? And can anyone tell me how to get admission for mtech there? Another thing is there any pi for admm??
Dr. Sukhendu das, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , IIT Madras explained the Introduction to Computer Graphics from the very basics. Feel free to ask your questions and please...
Hi all, I have seen some sites which gives access to blocked sites . Some sites which provide these services are vtunnel.com. These are called as internet filtering.Can anyone tell...
Dr. Sukhendu das, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , IIT Madras neatly explained about the Cathode Ray Tubes(CRT) Display Devices in Computer Graphics. Feel free to ask your questions...
Dr. Sukhendu das, Department of Computer Science & Engineering , IIT Madras neatly explained the concept of Transformations in Computer Graphics. Feel free to ask your questions and please contribute...