CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Feather • 11 Sep, 2012 • 1 like
Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd visits campuses for placement drives and the eligibility criteria is B.Tech in Civil with a CGPA of greater than 6.0. The test format consists of - Written tests, GD and Interview.
Written test:
Two test:
1) Technical test
2) Verbal ability (English)
40 questions in each paper.
A. Technical paper was of 25 min ….covering all the major subjects of civil engineering like Design, RCC, Soil, Transportation, CPM, PERT , CT .
Questions were simple and on basic concepts.
B. English Paper was of 20mins.
Technical paper
1 Advantage of SPT test is? (Ans decrease void ratio, increase density, increase strength.)
2 If design mix of concrete of 1:4:8 is given then calculate the quantity of sand which will be required to make 10cum of concrete.
3 GANNT charts are used for?
4 Which types of sleepers are used in India?
5 Deflection of a simply supported beam loaded with UDL.
English Paper:
Consisted the topics like vocab, 1 paragraph, jumbled words, odd one out, word having similar meaning, & opposite meaning, grammar, articles, use of propositions.
Interview:
Interview involved very few technical questions. They mostly asked technical questions related to ones project or major training. It was basically HR Interview.
Questions:
1) Tell me about yourself?
2) What are your goals in life?
3) What change can you make after joining SPCL
@Arunkumar Kumar • 05 Oct, 2018 • 1 like

I need last year test papers of spcl.. please can anyone suggest me...

11.9k views

Related Posts

@prashpan · Aug 23, 2012

Can Anyone give me the formula for calculating plate size needed to make the 10 % torispherical dish ends for a reactor? Diameter of reactor is 3000 mm Height of...
62.6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 6, 2015

At the CES 2015, Nikon's launched the much awaited upgrade in the Nikon D55XX series - the Nikon D5500, we informed you about few days in advance. Nikon's finally introduced...
3.6k views

@Ganesh Wakte · Oct 5, 2016

is it possible to change the exam center after confirmation??
5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 31, 2009

He's been there done that - and he's not stopped. From a small town in India to being the CEO of top IT companies to hosting music shows on television...
7k views

@Dheeraj Upadhyay · Sep 1, 2012

Why we are using power supplies of 230 v and 50HZ standard. Whats the problem in having power supplies at some other frequency say ,70 ,90HZ....Why 50 Hz is fixed......
8.4k views