Shaoxing, China is World Malware Hub

Shaoxing, China seems to be sending lot of malware to the world. Symantech's Message labs recently published a paper with some interesting statistics:

1. 21.3% of targeted attacks originated from Shaoxing, China, as is Taipei (16.5%) in Taiwan, and London (14.8%) in the UK.

Interestingly, the spammers are using TLS (Transport Layer Security) - popular way of sending email through an encrypted channel.

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    I am surprised Indonesians are not on the list. they are the ones who gave the world the deadly brontok variants and many more. May be they are not sending in mass numbers but they definitely donate their deadliest works to the computing world.

Russians are not too behind too. Some Russian hacker "firms" are known to openly recruit people who will help them to spread their malwares. they pay per click(on these malware links) and pay in dollars ๐Ÿ˜€

looks like that's more profitable than plain blogging !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Still, China leads! Even most of the attacks on CE were from China. We banned most of the Chinese IP addresses but its easy to bypass them. Its surprising to see Romania rising on the list!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    Still, China leads! Even most of the attacks on CE were from China. We banned most of the Chinese IP addresses but its easy to bypass them. Its surprising to see Romania rising on the list!
    Oh my God! On CE too...!

Seems Chinese are talented in hacking, cracking with viruses and all.

What about Indians. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Biggie, you got a link to the paper? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Biggie, you got a link to the paper? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Here's the link: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Email Headers can provide lot of information about email origin and time. But as I understand it, the information is very limited. I'm wondering, whether email headers can be extended...
Test your chess proficiency with three new free online chess games every day. Take your choice of easy, medium or hard chess puzzles. Daily Chess Game | Thinks.com
The video says it all: Interesting! Right? [video=dailymotion;x8x53n]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8x53n_japanese-mind-reading-technology_news[/video]
Peter Friese and Heiko Behrens built this iPhone client at EclipseCon 2010. It connects to a mars rover showcase provided by NASA. Take a look: [video=vimeo;10438569]https://vimeo.com/10438569[/video]
It's very easy trick that some people use to fraud someone say i created a professional looking email by using name of IBM that you are offering one job and...