ShadowArtist Teaser

So, I am quite on schedule with my App Shadow Artist for Intel Real Sense Challenge this year. The App is built upon the awesome animation engine I created last year. But this year it's more fun. User can use Mouse, 10-Finger touch to control the characters. Both hands are supported and you can shift between live shadow and controlling just by changing distance of your hands from camera. Whole UI is optimized and revamped for hand movement.

I have also innovated a new concept called 3D hypercube UI, where the entire 3D space between user and the camera is divided into a matrix and each matrix is linked with a particular UI object.

Real Sense is CPU intensive an expensive. Last year I suffered due to CPU speed, This year I have gone to length to optimize all the kernel calls .

Also change is that I have entirely done away with color mode and made the stage looking like more realistic Shadow Art stage.

I have used Frequency based Audio synchronization which synchronizes audio recording with that of motion difference with the characters. So it's more enjoyable, more aesthetic.
Sharing with you guys teaser of my first commit.
Intoxicating coding experience here! Do share your thoughts.

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Oh by the way, When entire engine is pasted in MS-Word ( without UI code), it's about 1200 pages! Kind of difficult to remember the methods.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A disappointing news for all the middle-class folks 😒 who dream of owning beautiful machine. The official on-road price of Kawasaki Ninja H2 in India is Rs. 32.8 Lakh, which...
The hackers collective, Lizard Squad who took responsibility for disrupting gaming console online services Xbox Live and PlayStation Network debuted a DDoS attack-for-hire service that quickly went offline within days...
I am old and old fashioned. Language means precision in communication. Sir Ernest Gower's "Complete Plain Words" is a bible for me. Commercial, management and advertisement jargon makes me, a...
Quote: Medgadget has been around for a good ten years now, covering the developments in medical technology better than anyone else. There is no other news source that’s as obsessively...
hey im n 2nd sem mechanical. what r best course books to read coz nwadays thr r so many shit books n i dont want to end up reading it.....